Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Along a path

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brady.grant.ext
360 Views, 1 Reply

Conduit Along a path

Does anyone know if I can run conduit along a path?  (Using "CONDUITADD")

If I'm modeling conduit "not using MEP" I can draw a Pline and then extrude a circle along the path.

I can do it this way; however, then I lose all of my benefits (BOM) of using "ConduitAdd" in MEP.

The autorouting in MEP isn't always great.  I would love to be able to create my paths and have MEP add conduit 

along the paths, since I can route conduit better. MEP has a hard time with small offsets. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I do not believe that you can do this with MEP items.  Architectural items allow this.

This would be counter intuitive to how AutoCAD MEP works anyway.  Your best bet would be to make sure that your routing preference is set correctly and that you have proper fittings so that the offsets can be made without any issues.

What you can do in a bind is create a custom fitting.  Not sure if conduit has it but for pipe you can click on a line/pline and select convert to and the select custom fitting.  It will create a custom pipe fitting for you.  You could probably get away with using this for conduit if you create the fitting correctly.  You would have to customize your schedules to be able to include the fitting also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost