Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command for BOD elevation? Instead of using tool palettes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mleresche
951 Views, 3 Replies

Command for BOD elevation? Instead of using tool palettes

Recently, I figured out how to change aliases for commands, making my life a whole lot easier. This got me thinking. If I could specify a shortcut for the AECSCHEDULETAG command then I could avoid going back and forth from my tool palettes to create Bottom of Duct elevations. The alias worked like a charm after I simply specified -- BD,   *AECSCHEDULETAG -- but it tells me "This command can only be run from the tool system"

Now I am stuck, simply because I do not know the coding side of AutoCAD. Is there was a way to tell the command exactly which tag name I'm trying to use (Aecb_Duct_BOD_Tag)? If so I could maximize productivity exponentially!! Thanks for your help guys.

Marshall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Mleresche

An AutoCAD Arch/Mep tag is just a mvblock.  So...  you can use the MVBLOCKADD command to automate it.  It has an option to choose the name of the style that you want to insert.  You will need to have that style already present in your drawing.

You can make an action macro to automate it or just write a new command using the cui that will also automate it.

Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Mleresche

Message 4 of 4
Mleresche
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you! This is exactly what I've been looking for. I appreciate the help

Marshall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost