Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP elevation on 2nd level w/o Project navigator

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joeself
512 Views, 4 Replies

BOP elevation on 2nd level w/o Project navigator

Just started using MEP w/o any training. I have a 2nd level drawing with sloped pipe.  The BOP tag is giving elevation above 0'-0". My floor level is 15'-0" and I don't want to do math every time to tag invert. Is there a way to set a floor elevation w/o project navigator and have the BOP be correct.

And if not how do I get drawings already completed into project navigator to set up floor levels. I've googled and watched videos and all seem to give an overview and don't get into the nuts and bolts of how to really do things.

Thanks in advance, Joe.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: joeself

Yes you can set the floor elevation without using Project Navigator but you need to have a working knowledge of property sets.  You can watch this series of blog posts by myself that show how to create a duct elevation tag.  The process is almost identical to creating a pipe tag.  In the 4th video of the series I show how to add a manual property that is an offset that adds to the elevation of the duct.  This same process will work for you.

It is easy to add an existing drawing to an already setup project.  Right click on the construct folder in the Project Navigator that you want to add the drawing to.  Then right click on the folder and choose Save Current Dwg as Construct.  That will bring up a dialog that will allow you set to the level and the division in the project of the drawing.  Also in the Project Navigator on the Project tab you can view the levels and divisions of your project.  You can ignore the divisions for now as they only logically break a level into smaller sections.  It is really not needed.  On the Project tab you can then edit the levels of your project.

You can follow this link to learn how to create a new project.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

Message 3 of 5
ppako
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Keith, I cannot find the series of blog posts, could you post a link to it? 

Message 4 of 5
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: ppako

Hi @ppako,

I think the series that @Keith.Brown is referring to is this series on his blog:

Great series, @Keith.Brown, and thanks for sharing it!

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 5
ppako
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

That must be it, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost