Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Editor Tab

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cweng1
4076 Views, 6 Replies

Block Editor Tab

I have a quick question.  When I go to edit a block the block tab is nowhere to be found.  In 2017 MEP there is a tab that allows me to save the block, add visibility manipulation etc. but when I upgraded to 2018 it's not there.  In order to save a block I'm editing I have to go into the block editor so it prompts me to save my changes to the block.  

Was the tab taken out or is it hidden?  If so how do I get it back? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: cweng1

Hi @cweng1,

Welcome to the Autodesk community, and thank you for posting your question here.

I ran into the same issue in AutoCAD Architecture 2018, and it seems to be caused by a settings migration error from 2017. I reset mine to defaults and the block editor contextual ribbon tab returned to normal.

However, if you don't want to reset to defaults, you may be able to pull the contextual tabs for the block editor from a functioning CUIX file. (Try transferring them from the ACAD.CUIX file.)

Block_Editor_ACA_2018.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 7
Victoria.Studley

Hi @cweng1,

Did the suggestion I posted last week help you regain the Block Editor contextual ribbon tab?

Victoria Studley
Message 4 of 7
cweng1
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Yes it did.  I ended up bringing the 2 items "Block Editor Contextual Tab" and "Block Editor - Close Contextual Merged Tabs" from the Tabs sub to the Contextual Tab States sub and it worked.  

Thanks for the help! 

-Jason

Message 5 of 7
Victoria.Studley

Hi @cweng1,

Thank you for confirming the workaround works for you. I'm glad it did!

I've logged this with the development team to see if we can address the issue in a future update.

Victoria Studley
Message 6 of 7

I have run into this issue but when I follow the steps provided I do not have the extra drop down from the Block Editor Mode (pictured below). Is there a location where I can add this back in or was it something that needed to be installed/updated. Currently using AutoCAD 2019 with a full license. Thanks

ClairewDM2BN_0-1610551656868.png

Message 7 of 7

I, as well, have just run into this issue. I am working on AutoCAD 2020 at work and after getting a new computer and transferring all of my programs and saved workspaces, I now am not getting the block editor tab on my ribbon when I am in block editor. As well, I am not able to use ctrl + S, C, V, P, and many others any longer, in my 2020 AND my 2018 programs. I have spent hours searching for solutions but nothing thus far has fixed this.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost