Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2019 Alias Editor not accepting AEC commands

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Basam.Yousif
983 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2019 Alias Editor not accepting AEC commands

Hello to all of you fabulous people!

I have a client asking why the AutoCAD MEP 2019 Alias Editor does not accept the aEC commands and only understands the vanilla acad commands. Are those not accepted? or they need to be defined elsewhere? maybe via a startup lisp?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Basam.Yousif

Alternate LISP method:

(defun c:pgp(/ pgpfile);command alias editing
(setq pgpfile (strcat "notepad " (findfile "acad.pgp")))
(setvar "re-init" 16)
(prompt "\nACAD.PGP...reinitialized. ")
(princ)
) ;end

Message 3 of 6
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: pendean

LOL. Are you serious?

Did you even read my question? 

Thanks for your reply. 

Message 4 of 6
Keith.Brown

Hi,

I do not believe that the Alias editor accepts AEC commands but I could be wrong.  I have always added them via a lisp file.  Something like this in any lisp that loads for each document.

;; OSnap Shortcuts
(defun c:oc()  		(command "osnap" "cen")                      																(princ))
(defun c:osd() 		(command "osnap" "node")                     																(princ))
(defun c:oe()  		(command "osnap" "endp")                     																(princ))
(defun c:oi()  		(command "osnap" "int")              						        										(princ))
(defun c:om()  		(command "osnap" "midp")                     																(princ))
(defun c:one() 		(command "osnap" "nearest")             						     										(princ))
(defun c:ois() 		(command "osnap" "ins")                  						     										(princ))
(defun c:oo()  		(command "osnap" "none")                						      										(princ))
(defun c:op()  		(command "osnap" "per")

Message 5 of 6
Basam.Yousif
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you, Keith!

Actually I do the same thing with LISP for my own use. The client assured me the aliases worked with the older versions - but only 2019 seems to not accepting it.  I really don't know what to say at this point 8-) 

Message 6 of 6
cdodge

When you have to enter a command that is not in the default AUTOCAD list of commands (such as an AutoCAD MEP or Civil 3D command) it has to update the following file:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\Express\alias.pgc"

The alias editor will give an error "access to the path is denied".

The solution is simply to right-click your desktop icon and "Run as administrator".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost