AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exception at e4ec0070h

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eunice.chagoya
1830 Views, 3 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exception at e4ec0070h

Good day:

I have a user that is having some problems with AutoCAD Mechanical 2011.
Windows 7 64 bit.

He states that in the past 2 to 3 weeks or so, user menus in AutoCad Mechanicnal 2011 has changed, and has had the same problem 3 or 4 times, where is he working on a drawing and either selecting automatic save or something else, and he gets a I\O error: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exception at e4ec0070h
This happens while waiting on a command to finish or take effect.

I would like first to request some guidance in how I can help the user, so he won't loose any data.
Also how would I interpret this "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008" messages, I often see a lot errores related even in this forums. I understand that this is a problem reading the file, but how can I interpret the "Exception" part that changes depending on the kind of error. Is there any reference documentation regarding this?

Thank you very much,

Eunice Chagoya

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Have you submitted the crash report with an email address. If so, can you provide the email address that you have used. This would help me to track down the issue faster.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

Hello.

This was caused in one of the users I support. I manage to get the dump data when the application crashes, and the second window appears on  "View Report Details", in which at least 3 files are generated (dumpdata.zip)

I am attaching to this thread. Does that help?

What else do you need?

Thanks for the help.

Eunice.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4

I will have a look at the dump data. Is it possible for you to submit the report again online with your email address. This would help to track the issue faster.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost