AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object snap setting turning off

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
BearsFan
64835 Views, 23 Replies

Object snap setting turning off

I have AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.  Service Packs installed.

My Object Snap setting are currently turned on.  (F3 turns them on and off by default)  endpoint, midpoint, center, and intersection.

When i try and execute a command.  Any command.  Line.  Circle whatever.  and i try and execute that command by any means.  clicking a button on the ribbon typying "line" enter, or just "L" enter.

My object snap setting turn off.  and not just turn off, they reset to 0.  meaning that if I try and turn them back on it will pop the window up saying I have non selected.  and i have to select what I want.  endpoint etc....

If i select just 1 item.  when the command is finished it will keep those snap settings.

If i don't select any it will reset to what snap setting where before i executed the command.

Now if i only have endpoint selected in snap settings it will not disable snap setting upon execution of a command.  but if i add any other it resets it every time.  So when i have to add 25 objects to a drawing.  either brand new, or previously existing, I have to manually set my snap setting with each and every command.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
OliverE
in reply to: CADgrump

Hey I also can't find that setting in Civil 3D 2018 anywhere.....

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: BearsFan

I'm using 2019 Civil 3D and was curious if anyone knew where to find this setting as well.

Message 23 of 24
Liesl_H
in reply to: BearsFan

I am having this same problem 10 years later, using AutoCAD Civil 2020. Object snaps are all turned off, F3 is deactivated, but I am getting snapped to endpoint and the grip square showing the snap is blue, unlike the normal snaps. Has anyone discovered how to turn this off? This just started happening a few days ago when I started using a new keyboard. I don't know if perhaps there is a hot key that I am inadvertently using or if it's completely unrelated. I have now switched back my old keyboard but the problem persists.

Message 24 of 24
CADgrump
in reply to: Liesl_H

Sorry, Liesl; I don't recall what the resolution was for this. I have been pushing papers and dealing with the nightmare that is Revit for the last seven years. (Stay away from Revit if you have any project that needs details or has clients that change their mind once you're into CDs - or, all projects!!!)

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report