AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing BOM column width in AutoCAD Mechanical

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Crispy999
518 Views, 4 Replies

Changing BOM column width in AutoCAD Mechanical

Hello,

I'm new to AutoCAD Mechanical, and had a question on BOM's:

Is there a way to change a column width?  I need to put in more information under the "description" than the width will allow.  I understand that while my BOM is activated, I can stretch my column header to whatever I want, but that doesn't transition to my actual BOM when I finish.. it just shows my additional text overlapping the the next column.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi There,

I could able to drag and stretch the BOM column width for description. Please see attached screenshot and let me know if i am missing something here.

Capture.PNG

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 5

Hi Vinod,

I am also having issues with the column widths, not in the parts list, but for the BOM printout. See below screen shot of BOM and print preview, i have arranged the widths in the BOM as i would like but i cant get the print to do the same. I have played around with the mask editor but nothing changes?

Thanks,

Danny 

BOM print.PNG

Message 4 of 5
blandb
in reply to: chewdanny12

Have you checked the column width in the OPTIONS > AM:STANDARDS > PARTS LIST to see if the columns for your standard is what you want?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
chewdanny12
in reply to: blandb

That works, thanks.

Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost