AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD, Windows 11, Uninstall leftovers, domain servers and the "my documents" directory

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fridtjofZM5ME
372 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD, Windows 11, Uninstall leftovers, domain servers and the "my documents" directory

So, I've installed AutoCAD 2023 as of yesterday, got it set up and it runs as expected. Before I got that far, I've learned from earlier through troubleshooting over online Autodesk help that AutoCAD for some particular reason does NOT like that I have the "My Documents" folder mapped to a network drive on our domain server, so prior to installing I moved the directory to the default "C:\Users\...\" location, and moved it back to the network drive after completing the installation. I really wish that problem would be solved soon.

Moving along to removing the 2022 installation of everything Autodesk, this was done through the proper methods, and then some registry clean-up for good measure (CCleaner\ASC). Then the Autodesk Desktop App starts sending me notifications to update the AutoCAD version I've just uninstalled. It's gone from the "appwoz.cpl"-list, but they show up in the Autodesk app none the less. The Microsoft "Fix it" tool also finds the entries for the 2022 version, but removing it through there doesen't seem to help much.

AutoCAD.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blandb
in reply to: fridtjofZM5ME

I ran into the same thing yesterday:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/uninstall-of-acadm-20-22/m-p/11074080#M262053 

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report