AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Error "Printer name is invalid"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sinime
3298 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Error "Printer name is invalid"

We get this error when trying to plot some older CAD drawings. Once this error pops up, it goes in an endless loop of popping the error up. The only way to get around it is to Ctrl-Alt-Del and end task on AutoCAD. I have read many if not all replies on this subject and in all cases they ask if all the stations have the same network printers installed with the same name. We do, however the problem may be due to the fact that some of our older drawings were printed on a printer that is no longer functioning and is not on our network anymore. Please tell me Auto Desk doesn't expect us to never upgrade/replace printers? Is there a fix for this issue? The only thing I have found to fix the problem is to select all entities in the drawing, copy them to the clipboard, and paste them in a new drawing.

The real kicker of this problem is that you don't know which drawings will have this problem and which ones don't. 9 times out of 10 it happens when you are working on 1 drawing and pull up another for reference. You wind up getting kicked out of all drawings and loosing all work done after the last auto-save.

Windows XP/2000
AutoCAD Mechanical 6 W/SP 4
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: sinime

You can setup some printer scripts to set your plot layout before you print. Like...

(command "-PLOT" "Y" "Layout1"PRINTER PAPSZ"Millimeters" "Landscape"
"N" "Window" PT1 PT2 "1=1" "0,0" "Y" "Standard.ctb" "Y" "N" "N" "N"
"N" "Y" "N")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost