AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Access Violation Reading when plotting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
331 Views, 2 Replies

Unhandled Access Violation Reading when plotting

I was plotting 4 call deeds. After plotting the 4th (closing) call, I pressed the "E" key to end the plotting and receive the plotting results, as normal. A fatal error message than appeared - "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0003 Exception at 4b9d90h"

Please help, if you have any ideas. I am running Maps 3D 2005 SP 2 and Windows XP service pack 2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have a client who gets the same error when trying to plot (although it doesnt actually finish plotting). In their case it seems to be to do with have xrefs to other drawings in the plot dwg. Not sure that's any help. If you've worked out a fix since your post I'd be interested to hear what it is. Cheers.

Chris
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If this is a large file, then you may want to try adjusting your printer settings. When you go to plot, next to your printer name choose 'Properties', then 'Custom Properties'. In the 'Advanced' tab, choose the option 'Avoid Out of Memory' instead of 'Maximum Performance'. Your computer will send the entire drawing to the plotter and the plotter my not have enough memory to hold the entire drawing. When you avoid out of memory, the drawing stays in your computer and sends it as it plots so that the plotter can handle large or mulitple plots.
Caryn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report