AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Map 3d 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
836 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to install Map 3d 2015

Hello everyone,

For the past couple of days I have been trying to install Autocad Map 3d 2015 on my laptop and haven't had any success. I would like to know if it is a problem with the system requirements or whatnot and also if Map 3d would actually be able to help me on my project.

I am running Windows 10 on my Aspire ES 15 (ES1-531-C6S5). Can my problems be because Map 3d 2015 does not support Windows 10? I get errors mostly because the setup cannot install DirectX, Visual Studio, DotNET etc., system applications that are preinstalled with Windows 10.

My laptop's specifications are as follows: Celeron Quad Core N3160; Intel HD Graphics, 4GB DDR3 L Memory. I am currently running BitDefender Total Security 2017 as the anti virus, so maybe the Ransom-Ware protection is acting funny.

I need Autocad Map 3d only for 2d work. I need to build a GIS map and later on make it available online. I would have used Google Maps (My Maps), because it could do exactly what I needed to, but they have a layer limit of 10 KML layers. An excample of what I would need to build can be found at http://medalb.eu.org/map-test/

Can Autocad Map 3d help me with my project? Is the problem on Windows 10? Should I install windows 8.1 or 7 to install Map 3d? Should I get Map 3d 2017 or 2018? I really don't have budget for a new computer at the moment.

Thank you for your time and help! It is much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tmachado
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, the fact that Windows 10 it is not a supported OS can be a problem because the software could not work properly.

You will be better of installing a newer version that is supported on that OS like 2016, 2017 or 2018. Now I will check the system requirements first because you have very little memory ram.

You could try to install the 3er party components first like DirectX and then try to install the software again.

You will find them in the installation media under a folder called: \3rdParty

I will install DirectX and then try to run the installation again hopefully you won't get another error.

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tmachado

Trying to install DirectX or the DotNET frameworks myself was the first thing I tried.

The result was... not helpful at all. They couldn't be installed from the beginning because the latest version was already installed on Windows 10, as I mentioned on the original post.

I will try to set up dual boot for Win10 with Win 7 or 8.1 and try again. The windows version seems to be the problem in my opinion.

As I also said before, the newest versions are not supported by my laptop (mainly because of RAM being low) and I don't really have a budget to purchase a new PC. If trying it on a supported OS will not do the trick, I will try and get some kind of sponsorship for my project and get a better PC.

What about my other question? Does Map 3d work for what I need? I basically need to do the same as in the test page powered by "Google My Maps", but with over 200 layers and over 42 different maps in total.

Message 4 of 8
tmachado

There is no export to KML/KMZ format right out of the box. You can export to ESRI SHP format then use many of the paid and/or free apps to export to KMZ. Do a google search and you should find a few apps. 

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tmachado

Well... I don't really want to export it to KML and import it to Google Maps. If I wanted I would just use Google Maps that can be used even from my ancient computer and is completely online.

I was just giving an example. That is what Google uses for the layers as shown on the demo map at http://medalb.eu.org/map-test/ .

I need to build a similar map and export it to my server/website without the use of Google Maps. Kind of what I expect you could do using ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Server.

Can that be done with Autocad Map 3d?

Thank you for helping me and replying to my messages by the way @tmachado, I appreciate that you are trying to help.

Message 6 of 8
O_Eckmann

Hi,

installing MAP 2015 on Windows 10 is a little hard manually, so Autodesk explains in this article how to modify installation file to succeed :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-A...

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Hi @O_Eckmann,

Thank you for pointing me on the right direction!

What about my other question? Can Autocad Map 3d do what I need for my project?

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 8
Murph_Map

@Anonymous wrote:

What about my other question? Can Autocad Map 3d do what I need for my project?

Thank you very much!

Map3D can not do it alone. What you may want to look at is Map Guide Open Source http://mapguide.osgeo.org/node/172 as long as you have the a server already. Might be over kill for your project but once you get it running you may decide to do more. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report