AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to select or deselect hatch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
david_collins
757 Views, 2 Replies

Slow to select or deselect hatch

Hi all,

I've got an issue with AutoCAD Map 3D 2016, such that when I select a hatch (by clicking on it) or deselect the hatch (by pressing escape) the computer freezes for around a second. Now this may not sound like much, but it's the same drawings I was using with Map 3D 2010, when there was no delay.

The drawings are only fairly basic, some contain xrefs and some don't, and the hatch is only fairly small areas of simple hatch, with everything in 2-D, not 3-D.

I have checked the system requirements, and my laptop does seem to meet them (although the first time I opened AutoCAD on this machine, I got an error saying something about system not meeting requirements, and performance may be affected?!). It is an Intel i7 2.90GHz processor, with 16GB RAM, and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 adapter with 64MB Dedicated Video Memory and 0MB System Video Memory.

I have had to turn Hardware Acceleration off, as with it on the machine was painfully slow and jerky when panning and zooming.

I have hatch set up to use the Classic interface, but have checked Classic and Ribbon and get the same issue. I use Ribbon for everything else. I've tried all the suggestions on these forums with no improvement!

Would be grateful of any suggestions.

Many thanks,  David

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Have you tried the command CONVERT > Hatch > All ?
Message 3 of 3

Hi Michiel,

Yes, I have tried that and it doesn't make any difference. I've also noticed that when I open CAD, the first command will freeze for a few seconds, but then following commands are fine. It also doesn't run quite as smoothly as Map 3D 2010 used to on my old desktop machine, so I'm concluding that either Map 3D 2016 requires a huge increase in processing power over 2010, or that my hardware is not configured correctly. It seems to meet the requirements on the AutoCAD website, but something's not quite right somewhere...

Thanks for the suggestion Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report