AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHP output in radians? Needed in degrees

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mnunezcarbonel
552 Views, 7 Replies

SHP output in radians? Needed in degrees

Hello,

I'm a new user of AutoCAD Map. I have a map that I want to export as .shp but I'm having a problem: The data in the 'angle' column of the table, which in my original drawing is in degrees, appears to be in radians in the exported file. Is there any way that this can be fixed?  

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Pointdump
in reply to: mnunezcarbonel

MNC,

I've never seen Lats and Longs in Radians. Would you please post your data?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 8
mnunezcarbonel
in reply to: Pointdump

Hello,

Thank you for your response. My map consists of a set of walls from an archaeological structure. The column that shows the error is meant to be recording the values measured from the geographical north (360º). Prior to export, the values recorded in the drawing were in the correct format. I'm attaching a screen cap of a single wall with the data table displayed below showing the issue. I'm new to Map so perhaps there's something obvious I'm missing...

Thanks again  

Message 4 of 8
Pointdump

MNC,

What do those values look like if you expand the column widths?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 8
mnunezcarbonel
in reply to: Pointdump

Here it is.

Thank you

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

connect to your SHP using _MAPCONNECT.

Then use to create a calculated field with (ANGLE / 180 * 3.14159) ... command _MAPDEFINECALCULATION

Export your SHP as SDF and now you have both angle-types in your dataset, degree as well as radiant (If you need SHP you just need to convert the resulting SDF to SHP)

The export is necessary to make the calculated field (which is only visible in the drawing) to a fixed datafield in the dataset/file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8
O_Eckmann

Hi,

when exporting to SHP via MAPEXPORT command, instead of juste selecting .ANGLE as property to export, you can modify to convert radian value to degree by replacing .ANGLE with (/ (* 180 .ANGLE) 3.14159)

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: O_Eckmann

Hi,

>> when exporting to SHP via MAPEXPORT command, instead of juste selecting .ANGLE as property to export

Wow, didn't know that this field could be overridden by LISP formulas.
Great, thanks for sharing that!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost