AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHP Import using blocks- blocks not visible

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1280 Views, 6 Replies

SHP Import using blocks- blocks not visible

I have to bring as a block some shape-files and also have some of the attribute visible. I have created 2 blocks, 1 for the points and the other one for the poly-line. Everything OK with the points, Bring them using map import and will brig me the blocks. For the poly-lines I bring them as normal but I also need to show some info as block( that could also be extracted/imported). I  run in Q.G.I.S. Points along the lines command and it will give me a point in the middle of the poly-line with the attributes of the line, saved this as shape file and bring it to Auto CAD map as blocks, it will show me that 153 objects have been inserted. When I use zoom extend I can't see them, if I select similar I see them( block reference). If I press select all I see that are there but are not visible? from where i stand i am bringing 2 types of points, one is working perfect and the other one not. Thanks a mil

Labels (1)
  • shp
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
O_Eckmann
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If your block is annotative or dynamic, you need to save, close and reopen your DWG after import to see your blocks.

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ChicagoLooper

For now, forget about the blocks, forget about the points and polylines. Treat all shapefiles as shapefiles, them bring them all in using the Data Connect palette.

Take a screen shot. Let's see what the shapefiles look like.

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

please see attached the picture 

Message 5 of 7
ChicagoLooper

When you bring in POINTS using MAPIMPORT you are getting good results because you are creating a 'point' block to represent the points.

When you bring in LINES using MAPIMPORT you are not getting the results you want because you are still creating a 'point' block to represent the line. See image below.

Map import1.PNG

There a specific workflows to label your imported line work using Object Data. Treating your line work as though they are points is not one of them. Unlike points, there is no provision to create 'line' blocks with labels during the Mapimport procedure. Your line labels will have to be created after the mapimport procedure is completed, not during. 

Chicagolooper
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, was something strange with the initial block, don't know what the issue was but I have created a new block and everything worked as normal..

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

thanks for that, as I said I was bringing the middle point of the line,  in the end was a block issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta