AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove 'z' coordinates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
6291 Views, 6 Replies

remove 'z' coordinates

I have a 3d map that I want to convert to a 2d map by removing the z'z coordinates. How can I do this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the "flatten" command may work for you, but test it out on a copy of your drawing to see if the results are what you are expecting
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Just an afterthought. I believe the "flatten" command may only be available after installing the express tools. I am running AutoCad Map2004 so i am not sure if they are bundled with a more recent release or not. hope this helps
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

rwaugh move all objects beyond Acad's max vertical, i.e. objects from 0,0,0 to 0,0,1e99 and then back again from 0,0,1e99 to 0,0,0. All of the z values in the objects will be now zero. Not elloquent but works. REX "rwaugh" wrote in message news:8923996.1111165670201.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Just an afterthought. I believe the "flatten" command may only be available after installing the express tools. I am running AutoCad Map2004 so i am not sure if they are bundled with a more recent release or not. hope this helps
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Haven't tried this, but try a map query with alter properties/elevation=0. "payitup" wrote in message news:29954971.1111162622993.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I have a 3d map that I want to convert to a 2d map by removing the z'z >coordinates. How can I do this?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

The Autodesk support site has a solution for fixing non-coplaner objects (assuming you do not have Express tools). There are 2 approaches. The second approach suggests a script. You may find it useful. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=2875571&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

MAP/TOOLS/DRAWING CLEANUP

Select "Simplify". Check the box that says convert 3D polylines to polylines.

-Kathy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report