AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to link data from 2 different object tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
469 Views, 4 Replies

Problem to link data from 2 different object tables

Hello,
The exemple I am working on is an electricity power line. First i created 2 SDF files ,one defined as a "line" which has "curve" as geometry, the second defined as "pylon" which has " point" as geometry ( see attached file: example). The first problem that i couldnt find a way to calculate automatically the angle between two successive sections of the line which would be a proprety of the pylon , This made me enter manually the angle in every pylon after measuring it with COGO Tools. The second problem is that i wasn't able to create a mechanical calculation which is a proprety of the pylon : Calculation= Cos(Angle)*Lenght(Section1)*length(section2)  (section1 : the section before pylon , section2: the section after) , knowing that angle proprety is in "pylon" table and the length of every section is a result of length calculation of geometry proprety in "line" table (Calculation1 , see attached file: tables)

could anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

take a look at the attached sdf

all the needed data is in the table

the interior angle is in radians so you can calculate to degrees

draw cad objects on 3 layers, Lines, Pylons, & IntAngles, attach object data to the lines for conductortype and what ever else you need to pylons or interior angles and mapexport to the sdf

dave

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: parkr4st

Thank you for your reply , but I am still unable to make 2 successive sections of the line and the angle between them appear in the same line of the data table  in order to create the calculation that depends on these 3 variables, do you have another solution please?

Message 4 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: Anonymous

can be done I beleive

draw the power lines a cad lines

attach any object data desired

mapexport to sdf with OD and Properties ANGLE, LENGTH, z1,y1,z1, and x2,y2,z2

put the sdf into a map and join the data it to itself matching  z1,y1,z1, and x2,y2,z2

The data will have all of data of adjacent lines in one table record with null data in the last record as the line will not have a  z1,y1,z1 and x2,y2,z2 match

export the layer data to a new sdf.

open that sdf and add your calculation to the table dealing with radians to degrees in the process,

as for my other sdf file with the arcs, using Central angle = Arc length*360/circumference as (2*pi*radius) to get the angle in degrees,  just seemed easier.

dave

Message 5 of 5
parkr4st
in reply to: parkr4st

the sdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report