AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oci.dll Missing (Again)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1835 Views, 4 Replies

oci.dll Missing (Again)

Hello,

I know this topic has been beaten to death but I'm still having issues. I'm having problems with AutoCAD Map 3D 2016 connecting to an Oracle database used for GIS geodatabase. This process used to work flawlessly in 2012 prior to the upgrade to 2016.

"The specified credentials are not valid or the provider is unable to establish a connection. The runtime was not found (module 'OCI.dll'). Please verify Oracle client component installation."

In 2012 I would go through the same process but it would work:

1. Planning and Analysis
  2. Click "Connect"
  3. Add Oracle Connection
  4. Type in the Service name (IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/xe), login with User Name and Password, and everything came up.

I have never had an Oracle client installed on this computer, and never needed to in the past.

I have searched in windows explorer under Autodesk 2016 folders, and have not found an "oci.dll" file anywhere within my 2016 Autodesk Infrastructure Suite (specifically the map/bin/FDO) where it needs to be. This file does not exist and/or did not install.

Looking through the 2012 program files, however, I do see an oci.dll, ocijdbc10.dll, and ociw32.dll.

I have tried the following:

• Copying those 3 old .dll files to the new 2016. Doesn't work.
  • Under options, making sure I have all the support paths needed (doesn't matter because there is no oci.dll file to find)

I'm not sure what else to do. When we upgraded to 2012 years ago all the oci.dll files were automatically installed with the Autodesk installer. I'm not sure why they never installed this go around for 2016.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jeff

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Looking through the 2012 program files, however, I do see an oci.dll

Sorry that I can not confirm this, the only OCI.DLL files I find on a system with AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 are within the Oracle-Client folders.

So I guess you had it installed, but not in the default way.

2015-12-09 00-56-01.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

Map doesn't come with a Ora client.

You need to install some sort of Oracle Client.

Rob

Message 4 of 5
kajar

You need to install Oracle Administrator client not the Instant Client then everything is working.

But when you allready had Oracle database installed to same computer then you dont need extra client.

You must have also correct Oracle BIN folder(where oci.dll and other required dll's) path defined under Environmnet Variables.

Message 5 of 5
kajar

You need to install Oracle Administrator client not the Instant Client then everything is working.

But when you allready had Oracle database installed to same computer then you dont need extra client.

You must have also correct Oracle BIN folder(where oci.dll and other required dll's) path defined under Environmnet Variables.

Kajar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report