Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not finding Legend Tool in Object Space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
685 Views, 2 Replies

Not finding Legend Tool in Object Space

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a map book following tutorials and I cannot find the tools "Create Legend"(in Task Panel to the Display Manager tab.  Toolsengie6Z6G5_0-1610382031027.gifCreate Legend) in the model space.

I found out how to create it in the paper space, but that is not helping me, because I want to create a legend to modify it then use it for the map book creation.

I don't want to use the automatic creation of the legend cause I need to modify it, and I have too many maps to modify the legends one by one.

But the problem is when I'm using the map book tool, when I want to select a legend already created, I only have access to the model space, and not the paper space, so I can't select the legend i created.

I looked for answers and I have some ideas: maybe it's because I have map 3D 2021? Maybe cause Map 3D is used with Autocad or Civil 3D?

Any clue for me?

Thanks,

Amandine

(sorry for the names of the options, I'm using Map 3D in French)

PS: I tried to copy my legend from the paper space to model as an bloc, but the symbols are not folowing in the table

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: Anonymous

You could insert it into your title block (explode first) and then it would be in all your plots in your Map Book.

Message 3 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: gluckett

If it is a MAP BOOK (not the plain vanilla Legend you create in Layout Tools of the ribbon) then the legend is part of the Map Book setup.

Go to Map Task Pane=>Map Book Tab=>NEW (when creating a Map Book from scratch)

OR

Go to Map Task Pane=>Map Book Tab=>Tools Icon=>Edit Settings and Rebuild Map Book (use on an existing Map Book)

1.jpg

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report