AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating custom settings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
574 Views, 6 Replies

migrating custom settings

Good afternoon all,

I have been patiently waiting for a response from Autodesk for a case that was opened on Tuesday (#11721965), three days ago regarding issues with migrating my custom settings from AutoCAD Map 3D 2016 to 2017 version. They helped me with the installation but didn't know how to migrate these files so opened a new case for me.

I've read the help suggestions but I'm not an IT person, just a drafter and can't figure this out. How / where can I find the "migrate custom settings utility"?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Thanks,
Frustrated AutoCad user
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is how to migrate settings within AutoCAD. I do recommend just setting them up manually though.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> issues with migrating my custom settings from AutoCAD Map 3D 2016 to 2017 version

It's an AutoCAD option to migrate settings, but not for all vertical products (like Map 3D).

Can you describe why you need the migration tool and what part you like to migrate? In most cases it's the more secure way to just start with a new AutoCAD profile and do the customization again (load partial menu's, create a few pc3 files, configure the apps/tools loaded during start of AutoCAD Map 3D).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Thanks Matthew! 

I will give this a try...

Doug

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred!

I wondered since this has happened with every update to AutoCAD Map 3D...

Doug

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

UPDATE! 

I did get a response to this case and successfuly installed 2017 AutoCAD Map 3D.

It's my custom menus that i want to transfer but I beleive I will need to do these manually...

Thanks,

Doug

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It's my custom menus that i want to transfer

If that are seperate partial menus then just load them in 2017 again using _MENULOAD (or _CUI) so you get them added to the existing predefined menus.

If you have modified the original menu files like ACAD.CUIX or so then start now creating your customization in new CUIX-files which are partially loaded, the big advantage is: you just need to load them in every new release, 2 clicks and they are there.

Never modify existing menu's because either you have to do that with every new version of AutoCAD or you use the old menu and so loose all benefits from the new release menu.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta