AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export polylines out to ArcMap as polygons

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
soundwoods
1257 Views, 3 Replies

export polylines out to ArcMap as polygons

I have an Annexation Map in AutoCAD Map 3D. I need to export all the polylines to polygons. Several of the annex boundaries overlap and have common boundaries. Tabling and data is attached to the polylines, so the exported polygons in ArcView will have the attached data as well. The problem I keep having is that any overlapping boundaries do not export. I have 270 separate annexation boundaries. Do I need to convert polylines closed and open to closed polygons first? Then try to export out to Arc Map in shape/polygon format "treat as closed polygons" ; has also been selected when exporting. Way to many annexations to export one at a time. Basically just want to export polylines out to ArcMap as polygons, all at one time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: soundwoods

are you using mapexport to .shp file type?

If so, you can only export to one of point, line, polygon or text in the process.

selecting polygon requires closure for the polygon to work correctly, so any open lines will not be included in the export.

There will be a message as to how many objects successfully were exported on the command line.  How many of the 270 exported?

dave

Message 3 of 4
hence_the_name
in reply to: soundwoods

Hi,

"Do I need to convert polylines closed and open to closed polygons first? Then try to export out to Arc Map in shape/polygon format "treat as closed polygons" --> yes, only if closed they will export as polygons. You can quick-select all polylines and "close" them all in AutoCAD property window at same time.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 4 of 4
soundwoods
in reply to: parkr4st

Thank-you for the responses I was able to complete the export of all polygons to ArcMap.  Kind Regards Sounds

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost