AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datalink Excel text format different inside one cell

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kathy-CAD
452 Views, 2 Replies

Datalink Excel text format different inside one cell

Hi, does anybody know if there is a chance to work with an datalink Excel file, that use differnt formated text inside one cell, and transport that to AutoCAD?

we often have to write slected words inside one cell in cursive charakter or colored

When I link the Excel file with update format, only the character of the hole cell will transported to dwg..

When overwriting the format in the dwg table, all format will be overwrite after the next DATALINKUPDATE..

When overwriting the format in the dwg table and upload it to the excelfile, the same other way round.

When I cut the connection to the datalink, i can't update if there are any changes..

So solving one problem creates a new one..

Any Ideas or solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bullera
in reply to: Kathy-CAD

Hi Kathy,

I was able to format cells in Excel and have them update correctly in AutoCAD Map 3D.  The attached “TableSettings.png” shows the settings I used when creating the datalink while “Results.png” shows the side-by-side of some formatting tests.  If you’re running into this issue despite having these settings I would try running a repair on your software.  I did notice some glitches when writing back to Excel from edits I made in AutoCAD Map 3D.  I had to shut everything down and restart.  I suspect this is because I’m running 64-bit AutoCAD Map 3D 2016 and 32-bit MS Office.

Alex Buller
Message 3 of 3
Kathy-CAD
in reply to: bullera

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your support.
My problem is to create different formats inside one cell..
In your sample every cell for themselves has an "own" format. To transport these format from Cad to Excel or other way round is not the problem (line 1).
Line 1

Colored

kursiv

underline

bold

standard

Line 2

Colored kursiv underline bold standard

But only one Word in a different format inside a cell with other formats inside the same cell is not possible.
Any idea for that?
Bests regards and a happy new year!

Kathy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost