AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting Insert Scale

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
556 Views, 5 Replies

Correcting Insert Scale

I know this has been discussed to death and I have read post after post... but have yet to get this fixed.
inserting a block in some drawings works fine, but others come in at a factor of 12... INSUNITS=0, INSUNITSDEFTARGET=0, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE=0 in all drawings... In the drawings that work...block is inserted as unitless... those that don't insert units are at feet... with all variables set to zero in all drawings, where is it coming up with feet... thus scaling it up by 12...
any help would be great...
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bill.smoker
in reply to: Anonymous

No solution, but I am having the same problem in 2009 since installing SP1. INSUNITS=0, INSUNITSDEFTARGET=0, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE=0 in all drawings, scale factor of 12 when pasting between drawings. Has anyone identified the cause/solution yet?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Is this correct; A block created with a unit of inch will insert into a drawing with units set to feet at 1/12th scale.

A block created with a unit set to feet will insert into a drawing with units set to inch at 12 times scale.

John
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If the design center is used for drag and drop, the block will automatically scale to the correct length. This has to do with the design center and autoscaling when referncing units and scale.

John
Message 5 of 6
bill.smoker

I have found the problem. At the same time as installing SP1, I added a Civil object enabler so I could access some MrSid raster files. This has activated the command -aecdwgunits which is causing all the hassle. Setting this to some sensible values solves things.
I don't want to have to set this in every drawing I ever open, so I've been trying to uninstall the object enabler and put on the Raster 2009 one, without success. Some help with circumventing the -aecdwgunits command would be useful.
Obviously, I can set it with ACAD.lsp but setting it so it permanently defaults to no-scaling would be better.
Message 6 of 6
ron_mak
in reply to: bill.smoker

Thanks Bill - that helped though I still had to set the scaling between drawings to "no" even though both of my drawings were in Meters.  For some reason, if I had the scale option "on", it would scale anything I dragged and dropped between drawings by 1/25.4 which is what you would expect if you were going from meters to inches.  This seem like a bug to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report