AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break at point Autocad Map 3D 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
637 Views, 5 Replies

Break at point Autocad Map 3D 2015

Hello, I just updated my Autocad Map 3D to 2015, and the break at point command has changed from breaking a polyline at a specified point, to breaking the polyline and giving me a gap in the pline from specified point to the nearest vertex. I only want to break the pline without getting a gap.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

>> and the break at point command has changed

Sorry to disagree, the command _BREAK has not changed since some releases now.

What you describe looks like you have an objectsnap ENDpoint active and so the break is done from the first click (point to object is equal to show the startpoint for break) to the second click ... and if this second point is shown with an objectsnap it's like you describe (at least also identical to how it's working for years now).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you, but I can't go and change snap settings for every time I want to break a pline? I have my extention and endpoint snap enabled, and I want to follow a pline from the endpoint and break the pline in the pline's extention 1 meter from the endpoint. It never used to be a problem before updating...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I think that before, i could type 1 for getting a 1 m extention from the end point, but now after the upgrade the break at point command only let me type the first and second point for breaking, so I can't use an endpoint for referance. I think it's the same when I try to extend a line, I have to shift from total line lenght to extention length.

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but I can't go and change snap settings for every time I want to break a pline?

I just mentioned "it has not changed", so I would suggest you work in the same way you did before (btw: what release have you had previously?)

>> and I want to follow a pline from the endpoint and break the pline in the pline's

>> extention 1 meter from the endpoint

Look to that short video, that's how it works, in that case you have to use the FIRST option, and as second point you can enter @.

ACADsupp_BreakNotChanged_2015_AN01.gif

Can you reproduce my steps or is your AutoCAD working differently?

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Now it works, and I'm happy. I have no idea how I got there, but now I can break a pline in a specific extension distance from an endpoint.

I hit command "break at point" (not "_break"), set the cursor over end point of pline (no click), drag the cursor along extension snap line, type 1 and space/enter, and get a 1 meter pline with no gap. (For starting the command again I right-click and choose repeat break at point)

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta