AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D - New funtionalities, why not?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ramd401
734 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D - New funtionalities, why not?

I have been reading the Autodesk university publication and the AUGI since 2009 or 10, so, for the last times i could realise even in the publications Autodesk took off articles about AutoCAD map 3D and is only focusing on Civil 3D, so Map 3D comparing to other GIS software is loosing market, will Autodesk team continue giving new capablities to Map 3D? Simple thing is that on Fdo it is not possible connect Kml or Kmz files using app original from Autidesk, it is not possible to build charts using the data table. so these are simple things that interest to people that makes projects even in Civil 3D

So what about some new functionalities? Even few things as i have mentioned before like Fdo to be possible connect Kml or Kmz files using app original from Autodesk, possiblility to build charts using the data table. Is Map 3D team working on that? And new features? Will we have what is new in Map 3D

2018?

In new future perhalps iam going to be called to develop projects and implement software in some government instituitions in our country (to indicate Map 3D i have to be aware from necessities) so Map 3D and Civil 3D (do not have much complaint for C3D cause each year there are news in it) would be good choses, but the GIS users use alot kml and kmz, build charts and so on, build kernel maps, the question continues will Map users see changes in that so as to secure future users?

Rosario Dilo (Student user of civil 3D since 2010)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ramd401

Hi,

Look to the idea station of Map 3D and then test the status-flags >>>click<<<

20170309_0850.png

I think the Map 3D idea-station is the only idea-station from Autodesk where none of the product-managers or developers even know that something like that exists.

(if there exist any product-manager or developers responsible for Map 3D today, I don't know).

I was enthusiastic too, but Autodesk taught me to be wrong.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10

I'm afraid to say that Map 3D is only in maintenance mode. It means that that Autodesk team will "only" assure that you can work with an actual version of Map 3D (2017, 2018 ...) but don't expect too many new features.

Kind regards,

Sébastien

Sébastien Baudin
Message 4 of 10

In my perception maintenance means hot fix, bug repairs, small improvements, open case solved.

My opinion is : Map is in a "profound coma" breathe only from simple "oxygen tube".  

But don't be in panic, we still alive and we will try to resuscitate it.Smiley Wink

Regards,

Albert

--------------------------------------------
"Nothing will ever be as it was!"
Message 5 of 10

Message 6 of 10

New version is coming, but I can't see nothing new  in MAP 3d 2018, this is more like service pack :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Kajar

Message 7 of 10

Hi, Kajar,

Your link does not work.

Hypothesis:

Autodesk will not develop Map 3D, because the GIS application (FDO, sdf) has relatively few users. And there can not be many users compared to other applications to AutoCAD, because GIS deals with relatively few people.

Autodesk itself cut the bulk of potential users - those who create, draw maps, cartographers. Those who draw maps on aerial photography, laser data, etc. Those who prepare data for GIS. Autodesk cut them off, because do not have created a comfortable, efficient, valuable tools for drawing maps, to collect attribute data

Although, there were potentially very good attempts, and for creating such tools in AutoCAD already everything is there.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 8 of 10

Yeah, this link where I found new features is not working anymore, seems this was so embarrasing to be online so Autodesk took it down 🙂 

Message 9 of 10
swt-gis
in reply to: kajar

These links to AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 work for me:

AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 help

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAP/2018/ENU/

New in This Release (2018)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAP/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-74B5CBDF-75BF-4388-85FC-91A3617FDA1B

Tags (3)
Message 10 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: swt-gis

Hi,

that is cool, Map3D is the first product publishing 2018 help 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost