AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDF data table

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
svucic
1720 Views, 4 Replies

SDF data table

Hi, I've posted a question about populating a SDF feature data table in Map 3D with a autolisp routine in the Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization forum  few days ago. Since no one replied and I've been searching the internet for days and could not find any clues I assume it's not possible to do that. So what I'm thinking now is to maybe export the data that I get from the lisp routine to some kind of database (dbf, access, excel ...) and then join it with the SDF. Does anyone have any suggestions how to that? Thanks in advance!

--------

What my lisp routine does is, it selects al the parcels one by one, creates a new feature from object (new column in the data table), generates a GUID number, reads the parcel number and promts for user imput for some data that is the same for all parcels.

--------

I'm a little bit confused  now. The command 'New feature from object' creates a new column i the data table that is related with the coresponding parcel. When I click the column the parcel is selected. 

-------

Will I be able to get the relation between the parcel and column if I export the data to another database and then join it with the SDF.

Maybe if I let the lisp create the columns in the SDF data table for all the parcels and than later when joining the database somehow make the data go in the empty columns created by the lisp?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: svucic

Hi,

for the newer "features" of Map - namely FDO and everything around it (such as the data table view) there is no LISP API. I don't think you can do much here with Lisp.

Map has at least 4 different APIs supporting different languages:

- AutoCAD
- Map (older Map functionality)
- Map (newer functionality such as FDO)
- Map ("Topobase")

The last 2 only can be used with .Net and the third one additionally with C++ as well.

You can of course join a SDF file with another FDO data source - but then you won't have access to it through LISP.

Rob

Message 3 of 5
svucic

Thank you Robert. I needed someon to confirm that to me.

I have another question, perhaps you can help me with that to.

I'm using the "_.MAPCREATEFEATUREFROMGEOMETRY" in my code. When I type (command "_.MAPCREATEFEATUREFROMGEOMETRY" sds "" "") in the command line there are no problems. It creats a new feature from the polyline in selection set 'sds'.

But when I implemnt the command inside a autolisp code I get this

--

'Invalid option keyword.
; error: Function cancelled

--

and I'm asked do choose whether to erase the selected object or not.

--

Erase the selected object after operating [Yes/No]<Yes>:

--

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

unfortunately I don't know anything about Lisp - mabye someone else can help with that,

Rob

Message 5 of 5
Morrilr

In autolisp, if you are using "_MapCreateFeatureFromGeometry", you must specify to which GIS layer the feature is to belong. After providing the layername, you can then pass the selection set to be made into the feature. Lastly, you state whether you want to delete the AutoCAD object(s) that was used to create the new feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta