AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images for Backgrounds

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ggordillo
293 Views, 4 Replies

Images for Backgrounds

Good morning I just bought yesterday Acad map 2018 and need to work with shape files and images in the background, I got told by my customer which happens to be Fibernet direct (Crown Castle) and they told me that the images come from Autodesk...I have no idea on how to connect to them, I Will love to speak to a human being but when I purchase the software, I got the "basic support" package that does not allow to do that, I need to upgrade to "advanced support" which I have no problem to make that move but do not know how. Can anybody please call me to discus my problem and options?

Gustavo E. Gordillo

ggordillo@draftprosinc.com

(561) 436-8001

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ggordillo

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

You are here in the developer forum, does that mean that you are writing an application for Map 3D which inserts SHP-dataset(s) and image(s)?

If so then show your code and describe which special step is now not working for you. Also we can then see which API you are using (which is important too).

Or are you just asking for a training about how to work with SHP's and images in Map 3D? In that case look to commands _MAPCONNECT, _MAPINSERT and _MAPIINSERT

>> they told me that the images come from Autodesk

Autodesk does not sell any images (in terms of aerial images).

Maybe your customer meant command _GEOMAP (working after you assigned a coordinate system to your drawing). That is a function which can show BingMaps aerial image content in AutoCAD Map 3D, but BingMaps is from Microsoft, not from Autodesk.

>> Can anybody please call me to discus my problem and options?

You are here in a public forum, here are working guys like you, just users of Map 3D. So I guess nobody will call you on his cost ...

>> I Will love to speak to a human being but when I purchase the software,

>>I got the "basic support" package that does not allow to do that

Whatever support package you have or you don't have, you should differentiate what is "support" and what is "training". If you are not known to Map 3D's functionality then please take a class to learn it and get trained. A support is not a replacement for classes. Support means to help for problems with issues when using specific functions, not teaching how a function generally is working.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Sorry second command is not correct, it is _MAPIMPORT (not MAPINSERT).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5
ggordillo
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your response Alfred!...From all my questions and answers you provide me the closest one is GEOMAP...That is exactly what I'm looking for, however how do I connect to the Bing maps? If I go to the connect icon which server do I connect to? or is there another step I am missing before the connect icon? do you know?

Please advise.

Thx!

Gustavo

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ggordillo

Hi,

>> the closest one is GEOMAP...That is exactly what I'm looking for, however how do I connect to the Bing maps?

When you use MAPCSASSIGN to assign a coordinate system to your drawing, then you start _GEOMAP and select the type of imaginary then you are connected to BingMaps.

>> If I go to the connect icon which server do I connect to?

I guess you are at the wrong icon, because command _GEOMAP does not let you select a server.

If you don't see any graphics, then you are not inside the coordinate frame where your coordinatesystem is valid.

>>>here<<< you find one of the videos showing the workflow.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost