AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Turn Off AutoCAD Map Message

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dohenry
1451 Views, 1 Reply

How to Turn Off AutoCAD Map Message

Hi All

I am creating a vb.Net procedure that Attaches a Drawing, Queries information from the Drawing and then Detaches the drawing. This is all working fine.

However when the drawing is Detached, the “AutoCAD Map Messages” Dialog appears as per attached screenshot.

I have search the Forums and Googled the problem but I can only find suggest on how to resolve issues where the Dialog is not appearing.

I have tried several thinks to stop this dialog appearing including checking the following settings.

Filedia: 1

AttDia: 0

CmdDIA: 1

QAFlags: 16 and tried 0

If have also tried including the following line in my code but the Dialog is stopping it running until the user closes the Dialog.

doc.SendStringToExecute("{ENTER}", True, False, False)

I am running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

For the application to run without the user having to close the dialog I either need a way to disable the dialog from appearing (Ideally) or a method to acknowledge it when it does open.

Any help on this matter would be greatly received.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dohenry
in reply to: dohenry

HI 

In case anyone is looking for the solution to Turn off AutoCAD Map Message.

I got the following solution from Autodesk Support.

Usually CMDDIA 0 and FILEDIA 0 make errors/warnings to appear on the command line (‘DIA” part means “modal DIAlog")

In my case, I create a procedure to capture the current settings for both FILEDIA and CMDDA, change them to 0 and then change them back again to their original settings at the end of my process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta