AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Select Attributes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
АлексЮстасу
417 Views, 5 Replies

How to call Select Attributes

Hi,

In MAPEXPORT there is a window Select Attributes - conveniently and quickly specify any property of the object to get its value.
How to call this Select Attributes from the user program?
I'm preparing a task for the programmer on ObjectARX.

Select_Attributes.png

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Almost the same window with the name Expression Chooser appears when you define the Text style from the Display manager.
Maybe there are more options ...

Expression_Chooser.png

Message 3 of 6

Hi Alexander. I appreciate your posts and your work with object data.  For me it is "been there done that" but you have gone farther than what I have needed to date. I look forward to your work with Property Sets. I believe that object data is dead at autodesk. I think it's obvious the future is civil 3d so maybe property sets are the way to go.  

Is >>this<< what you are looking for?

Thank you Daniel Du!

Message 4 of 6

Hi, Daniel! Thank you!

Maybe you will duplicate your opinion about Property Sets vs. Object Data and Civil vs. Map in the Property Sets from Civil vs. Object Data from Map?

I myself learned about Property Sets just now, and yet do not know what to do about it! 🙂

The discussion could help to find a direction.

Object Data has a very important advantage - their use is built into almost all Map 3D processes. From drafting to export.

Message 5 of 6

Daniel Du is the author of the web page i provided in the link. The full link is below. I think Daniel is autodesk adn.

http://www.cnblogs.com/junqilian/archive/2010/06/25/1765447.html

Maybe that code does not answer your question but it does provide the process. it shows what happens in the background.

problems and solutions are "a"to "b" for me. the answer of "how to get from a to b" is always "it depends". maybe property sets is an alternative to xdata or object data.

you figure out property sets and teach me:)

Message 6 of 6

Excuse me, please! I inattentively read. 🙂

Thanks for the links! I'll show them to the programmer. Probably it will help him.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta