AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics hardware acceleration unavailable after installing Map 3d 2017 version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
monteT4RL8
349 Views, 3 Replies

Graphics hardware acceleration unavailable after installing Map 3d 2017 version

hardware acceleration has always worked fine with autocad map 3d 2015, Since installing 2017 It will not let me turn on hardware acceleration. When I go to graphicsconfig and click the button to turn it on nothing happens. In the tuner log is says my graphics card is not supported. I have a Dell precision tower 5810 with windows 7 64bit with a nvidia quadro k4200 with the most current driver and it says its working properly. Any ideas on how to get it work properly would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> worked fine with autocad map 3d 2015, Since installing 2017 It will not let me turn on hardware acceleration

Does that mean that release 2017 does not allow to turn on hw-acceleration or 2015 was "infected" by installing 2017?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

It does not work while using 2017 version. If I go back and use 2015 version it works fine.

Sent from my Samsung device
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> It does not work while using 2017 version

In that case your driver does not match the tests AutoCAD does during initialization.

Update (or downgrade) your nVidia driver to get it working.

In some view situation (I had that on my system too) it would be necessary to uninstall the Autodesk 2017 products, but that should not be necessary by default.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost