AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export geometry to FDO

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
O_Eckmann
27 Views, 0 Replies

Export geometry to FDO

Hi,

There is a native command to create FDO object from CAD geometry, but all fields are empty.

To extend my plug-in, I begin to develop a command to create geometry, but also transfer properties (CAD and/or Object data) to FDO fields.

Now it works for Point (Z) from POINT, INSERT and TEXT, and Line (Z) geometry from LINE and (LW)POLYLINE for connexion to SHP and SDF files.

But I've some questions for curved geometry (arc, circle and polyline with arc)

When using native command, from curved polyline, I obtain a curve geometry in may DWG connected to SHP (even after CheckIn)

O_Eckmann_0-1725002726559.png   O_Eckmann_1-1725002786119.png

But if I save, close, and reopen my DWG, I obtain same geometry, 

O_Eckmann_2-1725003055207.png

but if I drag&drop the SHP file into antoher drawing, I obtain a geometry with lots of vertex.

O_Eckmann_3-1725003087190.png

I think that in first case, curved geometry is stored in the cache (GWS file), and in second case, geometry appears like it is really stored in SHP. If I erase GWS file from cache directory, and reopen my original file, I obtain same geometry with all vertex.

My question is : does AutoCAD Map transform automaticaly geometry from curve to segment according to FDO capabilities of driver or is it necessary to read mapshp.ini (section [Arc Discretization) or mapexport.ini (section [FDO_SHP] or [FDO_SDF] : Driver:FME_ARC_DEGREES_PER_EDGE and Driver:FME_ARC_CHORD_DISTANCE) to transform curved portion of geometry when using .Net UpdateFeatures method on an MgLayerBase

If not, where/how can I query FDO driver (or MgGeometricPropertyDefinition) to know if curve are supported as stored geometry or not?

My other question is how can I test all FDO possible connexion, because I haven't Oracle Server or ArcGIS server or ...  on my PC? 

Thanks a lot.

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta