AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating AutoCAD MAP 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
425 Views, 1 Reply

Automating AutoCAD MAP 3D

Dear Community,

at work we use AutoCAD alot to draw sewage network supply lines that connect a city parcel to the sewage network. It is a repetitive task, roughly speaking, the same rules apply at every parcel and supply line. We need to calculate the correct elevation so that the supply line gets the approperiate slope and angle at the connection point relative to the main sewage line. This constraints where it is possible to locate the sewage supply line. Would it be possible in AutoCAD (using AutoLISP or other script) to automate the placement of the supply line service point?

I have thaught of something like this:

Select the parcel

AutoCAD then calculates the shortest possible supply line given a set of rules:

Proper slope to and angle towards the main supply line and elevation are considered

Then areas within the parcel that meet this criteria are highlighted perhaps also highlight suitable connection points along the main sewage line.

Then the user can click within the highlighted area and then AutoCAD draw the best possible supply line according to the rules. 

I have tried to look for a solution, how to write such a script, but it is kind of hard to get started. I dont really know where to start. Any help is appreciated, a book or text that explain similar problems would be great.

I am new to AutoCAD, less than 1 year of work experience, so please bare with me.

Best regards,

Peter

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How familiar are you with programming? Are you familiary with AutoLISP? Or familiar with the ObjectARX APIs?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta