AutoCAD Map 3D Developer
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Developer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D Developer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Map 3D 2010 64 bit on windows 8 64 bit system

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1329 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Map 3D 2010 64 bit on windows 8 64 bit system

We are using AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 64 bit on windows 8 64 bit system. And develop a  program in Visual Studio 2010 Environment,  When I start Map 3d In debug mode, I meet a fatal error,  MgResourceLoadFailedException *_ptr64, and can't start map3d,  Even In a blank vc project, it still occur,   please let uw know how to over come this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I can only say that starting with Windows 8 (or higher) I can't run Map3D or Civil3D in debug mode because the acadmap.arx blocks something.

There is now way (dear Autodesk: no way for years now!) to run Map3D or Civil3D in debug mode of Visual Studio when you are running Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

I've chosen the way to have a virtual system running Windows 7 and do the development there.

The alternative (call it bad workaround) could be not to start Map3D from the Visual Studio, but instead start Map3D, then change back to Visual Studio and use option "attach to process" (>>>details<<<) .,.. that works, but is really annoying each time you start debugging.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta