Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 LT FATAL ERROR on Vista

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sveng
513 Views, 5 Replies

2008 LT FATAL ERROR on Vista

I have suddenly started getting this FATAL ERROR when trying to start AutoCAD. The error then closes the application completely and I am unable to use it. The error description is: "FATAL ERROR: FATAL ERROR: (0x61d30005) C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2008\achapi17.dbx". This is an error that no one from support has managed to fix yet after 8 days! I hope someone out there does know. I can't re-install either because of ERROR 1606. And yes, I am logged on as Administrator.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Sveng

VISTA just stinks, sorry.

Backup your files, unload LT, use a registry cleaner to remove all
traces, manually check all traces are removed, reinstall Vista and
reinstall LT.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 6
Sveng

Hi Dean, what do you mean by 'unload' LT? Is it a Vista problem or CAD problem that you suggest re-nstalling Vista?
Message 4 of 6
Sveng

I have had this problem resolved, finally after 12 days. All i needed to do was delete the Achapi17 file from the AutoCAD folder. Now it works.
Message 5 of 6
Sveng

Of course an easy solution always has a side effect! Now that the Achapi17 file is deleted, the "Properties" command doesn't work anymore! So, if you can work CAD without needing to get to the Properties, then all is well, but we know that is not the case. Back to Status = Problem with no one apparent answer. Where are the people who know stuff??
Message 6 of 6
MariuszPL

The same problem on XP Pro!
Clear reinstall and SP1 didn't resolved the issue. Autodesk recommended to delete the achapi file and repair installation, but it isn't a good solution - you can run AutoCAD only when the achapi17.dbx is deleted, but than the Properties command doesn't work.
I have no idea what's wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost