Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertex moving isn't working as it should

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
giannisYAV7U
150 Views, 2 Replies

Vertex moving isn't working as it should

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with vertex editing since I upgraded to Autocad lt 2025.

When i select a line segment and try to move it by typing a distance less than 0.06m, it doesn't move or it snaps to a close-by vertex. Everything above 0.06 works as it should.

When selecting a vertex to move it a set distance, typing the distance will not move it towards the chosen direction but will change the size of an adjoining line segment. I have to press Tab 5 times for the input to become "distance from first point". This has never worked like that in the past

I'm not 100% sure if it happens always, but I believe it does.

This has been happening for consecutive days, with shutdowns and restarts, across different projects/files, since I upgraded

My units are set to meters with precision of 0.000

My input settings below

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks,

Yiannis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: giannisYAV7U

@giannisYAV7U wrote:

...I'm not 100% sure if it happens always, but I believe it does....

There are only fixes for "always", next time it happens share a DWG file over here for us to try it too.

In the meantime... Have you installed the 2025.1 Update yet? It's new, ABOUT command inside your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices.

If all else fails, then turn off Hardware Acceleration as a last resort, and start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-my-sup...

HTH

Message 3 of 3
giannisYAV7U
in reply to: pendean

Hi @pendean.

Thank you for the reply!

It happened 100% on my computer. I didn't upload the file because the problem wasn't reproducible in other computers (with the same license, same version). I'm on version 2025.0.1, going to update

I unchecked and rechecked all of the settings that seemed relevant to the problem, and it was briefly solved. After 10 minutes the problem returned 😑

I'll get back soon as I try your solutions

Thanks again,

Yiannis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators