Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to trim around a circle, any help appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
orrco
5777 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to trim around a circle, any help appreciated!

Hello, 

I have circled the spots that I am trying to trim. When I do the trim command it will trim the line, but not to the intersection of the circle. It keeps the line a little longer. This is very frustrating and seems like it should be something obvious.

Thanks for any help!  

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JamesPowell7164
in reply to: orrco

Could it be that your line smoothing is set too small? that is when you see the circle it is made up of a series of lines - not a smooth circle. Then when you see the line you see the true length but the circle seems to be behind your trimmed line.

Go to Options, look at the Display tab, and then look at "Display resolution". there is an "Arc and circle smoothness setting and a "segments in a polyline curve" setting. Play with the Arc and circle figure and see if it helps. Mine is set to 1000.

Message 3 of 11
pendean

Those lines are already cut at the circle: there is nothing to trim. Look at the blue dots 

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 11
JamesPowell7164
in reply to: pendean

Could it be a graphics card problem? Or his settings as above? It is more perceived rather than actual.
Message 5 of 11
pendean
in reply to: JamesPowell7164

We'll have to wait for the OP to comment and give feedback for all the responses.
Message 6 of 11
JamesPowell7164

Dean I just opened the OPs drawing and the bottom circle does have the straight lines extending past the circle that he is using as a trim fence. Did this show up when you opened it? the screenshot that you posted seems to show these lines as being trimmed by the circle. There doesn't seem to be double lines or groups of lines either. As you say, look forward to the OPs next post.
Message 7 of 11
orrco
in reply to: JamesPowell7164

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your help and comments. However, I still am not able to fix this. I agree with the last post. When I zoom in VERY close it extends past the circle (see attachment). I am just working around it for now, but this has come up a couple times in the past so thought I would check here for a possible solution. 

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 11
pendean

use REGENALL after you zoom in that close and see if the visuals update differently.
Message 9 of 11
orrco

That is interesting. Now it looks like like it doesn't touch the circle (see attachment). I have never used REGENALL before. 

Message 10 of 11
pendean

That was an easy fix. Use REGENALL often after you zoom in real close: it forces your video card to react to the display changes.
Message 11 of 11
orrco

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost