Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ttf font not displaying correctly

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1167 Views, 10 Replies

ttf font not displaying correctly

I've just installed a new font (while AutoCAD was closed) and when I've come to use it, it's not displaying.

In the attached image, I've taken screenshotsof the issue;

- the left side is simply the text in an Arial font, then i've created the Styles using the newly installed fonts

- the middle section is the result of changing to this new font - the text should be within the red boxes. (I have not zoomed out, and I've checked the text height)

- the top right shows that the text is the correct size and appears when you resize the contents box - but it disappears again once the size is set and it's not showing in the actual font style (which you can see below it, written in MS Word)

Can anyone tell me what's causing this issue, and how I can resolve it?  This is a font I've been requested to use by my company for our layouts.

LT2018 Font.png

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Still having issues? Post your DWG file?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, i'm still having an issue.  I've attached a sample dwg - the text in the boxes should be set as my new font style.  The text outside the boxes is using an older font style, for reference only so you can see what should be displayed in the boxes.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

You did not include your font file.

text in your box has a height of 10

text outside your box has a height of 250

Could it be your new font is a OTF version of TTF? Those do not work in any AutoCAD versions, never have, still do not with the 2019 versions. Whether it works in MSWord or not does not matter but it does confirm you installed it correctly.

What else can we tell you about your file/font?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

The MS Word example was only to show what the font should actually look like.  For some reason it's not letting me attach the font file to the posts.

If you change the text height it makes no difference - the font is still invisible, until you try to re-size the text box

The font file was originally OTF but i converted it to TTF - I did the same thing with the font that's visible outside the boxes.

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Most end user conversions from OTF to TTF do not work in AutoCAD in my experience: you need a source written to basic TTF.

ZIP file format has been around or 30+ years and is often a good way to get around file type restrictions when posting.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

This is the font

Message 8 of 11
pendean

It's an OTF format that will never work in AutoCAD:

Capture.PNG

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

You say never, but I've attached the font used in the "sample.png" above, for the text outside of the boxes.  This one does work in AutoCAD.

Message 10 of 11
pendean

That's not on OTF font, it will work fine in AutoCAD

Capture.PNG

See reply message #4 for what is wrong with your inside/outside of box sample file:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/ttf-font-not-displaying-correctly/m-p/8085305#M16642...

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

You Sir/ Madam, are a lifesaver and dare I say a person of sophistication, wit and charrm. Probably a snappy dresser too. I've been trying for 3 hrs to solve this so many thanks.  Though, to actually install the font I had to open it and only then I could install it -hope this helps anyone else with a similar issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators