Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbars disappeared

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
c.cumbers
2700 Views, 8 Replies

Toolbars disappeared

Hello, since installing Widows 11 some of the toolbar buttons sometimes grey out. I tried to edit the properties toolbar to see if I could adjust it but all of the toolbars disappeared to be replaced by a ribbon. How do I get the toolbars back?

Thanks in anticipation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
c.cumbers
in reply to: c.cumbers

I have managed to remove the ribbon and get the toolbars back with the Toolbar command but the standard menu at the top is missing and I can't bet the side bar layers manager back, all else seems as it was now, but what a pain!

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Show us what you see: post screenshots of your entire program window please.

OR... revert back to Win10 for now.
Message 4 of 9
c.cumbers

I have got most of my toolbars back and the pop out bars to the sides (apart from layers, I think that is "Layer manager") but I can't find out how to display the menu at the top. I don't think it is a windows 11 problem as it was all ok earlier before I started to try and edit the toolbars. You will see that the layer name and the linetype just above the drafting area are darker grey, I was trying to resolve that. also there is some ghost text you can just see on the lineweight button just above the drafting area. That is what I was trying to resolve earlier and then all the toolbars disappeared!

Message 5 of 9
cadffm
Message 6 of 9
c.cumbers

Ok all resolved, I have found the show menu bar button so I am all back to normal. Lesson for today, if it works don't mess with it! 

Many thanks Pendean but I have resolved all of my issues now. 🙂

Message 7 of 9
c.cumbers

Spot on CADffm I just found it before reading your post!

Message 8 of 9
c.cumbers

Hello, I have got my toolbars and workspace back as I wanted it but I still have a problem. I was trying to resolve this when I managed to lose the toolbars and menu in the first place to be replaced by a ribbon. The problem started when I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. The dropdown menus on the toolbars are either greyed out or have an image of the adjacent drop down slightly greyed out in the background. When a modify command is in operation they black out completely. I attach some screen shots.

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

Many thanks

Message 9 of 9
cadffm

STOP here - New issue = new thread!

And you already started a new thread, so let us talk about this issue in your new thread her =>  CLICK!

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost