Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block template issues

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
shaziaSJPFK
1430 Views, 11 Replies

Title Block template issues

Hi , I'm having a ton of issues with my title block.  When I edit my title block in model space, the title block appears as it should be. When I close editing , the title block that appears in model space is missing items or they don't appear in the correct place in the block, but it always appears when I go in to edit the block. 

Second problem is when I insert the template in an existing file , it appears different every time. In one instance it appears with the Attribute text as the wrong text, in another it appears with items missing. 

Thanks for any help. 

Title block in model spaceTitle block in model spaceTitle Block in edit mode, what it should look like in model space as well but doesn't.Title Block in edit mode, what it should look like in model space as well but doesn't.When using in an exiting document , the text changes.When using in an exiting document , the text changes.another file, and some of the items and logo are missinganother file, and some of the items and logo are missing 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: shaziaSJPFK

Remove all sensitive info from your titleblock then share your actual DWG file(s) here, lets see and experience what you do in your file(s).

OR... you have content on the wrong layer.
OR... you need to reset your annotative scale for your annotative text to appear.
OR... you are acsessing two different titleblocks.
Message 3 of 12
shaziaSJPFK

Attaching the file 

Message 4 of 12
shaziaSJPFK
in reply to: pendean

I added the template, thanks for any help.

Message 5 of 12
pendean

Thanks for the file: that MTEXT inside the titleblock has columns turned on. why? You end up with this problem if your edits are too long

pendean_0-1636139556328.png

As for disappearing text, your titleblock's STYLE setting indicate annotative settings, but you opted for the inexperienced option of leaving the out-of-the-box names in place instead of owning your changes by giving them unique names.

pendean_0-1636139966566.png

The real problem there is your other DWG file also contains the same names for text STYLEs but with different settings, which means you forgot the golden rule that setting, content and names already in a file are NEVER replaced by the same names but different settings from outside files.

Would that be fair assessment? Since you only posted the one file, you should be able to check your second file for this problem.

And don't forget Annotative settings means you need to always keep track of your CANNOSCALE settings.

Let us know what else you discover or if you get stuck somewhere trying to fix it all.

HTH

Message 6 of 12
user181

I'll try to help with some of this:

1.  After editing attributes in the block editor after you close the block editor you need to enter the ATTSYNC command at the command line then choose the Select option and pick the title block and it will update.

2. The text style changes when inserted in some drawings is probably because all your text in the title block is using the text style annotative and if that style is in another dwg with a different font assigned your title block will use that font. I would suggest using the STYLE command and creating a text style with a unique name for your title such as Title Block Text and assign the font you want and change all your text to that style. 

3. The logo disappears:  the xref palette shows the logo files in locations in a users c drive under downloads and one drive directories. You should probably make a central location for logo files that can be accessed by anyone using the title block. 

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
shaziaSJPFK

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will try and apply some of your solutions. I'm fairly new to Auto Cad so I have much to learn. 

Message 8 of 12
shaziaSJPFK
in reply to: user181

Thanks for the advice. Everything seems to be working now , there is just one thing. Some of the lines are appearing blue. Ive checked the layer and colour for the layer so its not that for sure. Any ideas on what it may be?

Message 9 of 12
pendean

Objects can have color that is different too: double-check more than just layer settings.

HTH
Message 10 of 12
cadffm

Hi,

i see, real structural learning is out of the time, "Do  whatever and hoping the best" is the spirit today 🤔 😄

>>"Any ideas on what it may be?"

Sure.

The Object is set to Color5 Blue or similar

or

the color is set to ByBlock and the blockreference color is blue, 5 or similar

or

the blockreference color is ByLayer and the Layer color is set to 5 or blue or similar

or..

as in your attached file, there are object on Layer 0 (well choice) with color ByLayer

and the color of your blockreference insertion layer is 5 blue or similar

New in AutoCAD, so i guess you struggle with Properties ByBlock, ByLayer and the special Layer0

https://www.cad-notes.com/layer-0-bylayer-and-byblock/

- Sebastian -
Message 11 of 12
cadffm

Screenshot of your sample, if the blockreference is refer to a blue Layer

Layer0_ColorByLayerOrByBlock.JPG

- Sebastian -
Message 12 of 12
user181

What part is blue? Is it the square in the upper right? You have some overlapping lines in the upper right corner and there is a square on layer 0 instead of one of your title block layers. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost