Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetset Publish Woes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
hwalker
203 Views, 9 Replies

Sheetset Publish Woes

Start off it's LT2016

When I publish using the sheet set publish option I get the full name of the sheet, however when I publish using the normal publish options I don't.

I want the sheetset publish to work like the other publish. Please see the attached Screencast

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

>>>... when I publish using the normal publish options...<<<
Why not PUBLISH from inside SSM to get all the SSM settings you want? Otherwise the standalone PUBLISH command does not poll SSM in any way or shape AFAIK.
Message 3 of 10
rkmcswain

There is no attached or embedded screencast.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: rkmcswain

Should be in this time.

@pendean I don't want the sheet set PDF to display the full name which is listed in the PDF only the layout name. See the attached (hopefully) screencast

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 10
pendean

Why are you not renaming the sheets in SSM to more logical "what I want" names first? You seem to be accepting the defaults for no reason.

OR

why are you not renaming the layouts in PUBLISH command when you execute it outside of SSM? Again, you seem to only accept the default when renaming (and saving the DSD file) in PUBLISH has been around for quite some time.

OR

From your screencast, why not select this option and do the renaming there before output?

Capture.JPG

Message 6 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

The Screencast was as an example. Due to the nature of my work I can't really post drawings that I've done. Not confidential stuff but others in the industry I work in could work out where the job is hence the not bothering to change the layout names in the screencast

My layouts names generally consist of

A2_1234-1 (Which is what I and head office want.)

If I send a PDF to a client I do not want them to see in the PDF

This is a drawing for the client_A2_1234-1. I only want them to see the A2_1234-1.

I don't use sheet sets a lot, because generally all my "drawings" are in one file. However if there are different packages of work which need drawings I use sheet sets. I then rename the drawings relevant to the package.

eg 1234.Package 1, 1234.Package 2.

If I've got hundreds(exaggeration) of drawings I don't want to have to go through each one and individually rename them

EDIT: The names have been changed to protect the innocent (well not quite), but here is an image of my sheet set which showed me the problem. I never had this problem in LT2012. The sheet set names only appeared in LT2016

sheetset.jpg

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 10
pendean

No need for file sharing, sorry if you thought I asked, it's not needed.

We do the same here with all of our files: you just have to invest the time, at the very beginning, to rename the sheets in SSM only to what you want the client to receive. Do it once, automate and publish with speed every day/week/month/year after that.

Think of SSM as your final client/deliverable sheet list: don't use it like you do layouts for internal use, that's duplication that you do not need.
Message 8 of 10
hwalker

I hardly ever use sheet sets. If the client can see the layout name it helps us as well, because the layout name (apart from the A2 bit which is the paper size) is the reference we put on the drawing. And as you can see from the picky I posted if I have a lot of sheet sets to rename it is a pain in the proverbial.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 10
pendean

There is no automated "name a pdf the way I think" option or command or button in LT: you have to, at some point, do it all manually first.

SSM is a powerful tool for large many-sheets projects, but you have to put the effort it right at the beginning.
Message 10 of 10
hwalker

Check the attached screenshot. Notice the PREFIX SHEET TITLE WITH FILE NAME IS UNTICKED

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost