Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale imported pdf

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
carmoore
1267 Views, 4 Replies

scale imported pdf

After I import a PDF and draw the perimeter of the building using a polyline, I want to increase the size of the drawing/polyline to the actual size of the building.  In other words, if I know one of the perimeter dimensions is 50', how do i scale the drawing to have that line actually be 50' in model space.  Cant figure out how to do that. Using LT 2017.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: carmoore
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi carmoore,

This is actually a pretty easy thing to do. Here is a link that describes the SCALE command.

The option you want to use is REFERENCE.

I don't have a PDF handy but it is a similar concept to what I include in my screencast. Please let me know if this helps or if you need additional assistance.

The only image file I had was my own picture so please forgive me - I am not really that vain 🙂

You can see in the screencast that I select the image file, a base point on the line that I want to match length of, then the length of the image and then the desired length.

So, in a PDF you just need to select the two points that will correspond to the known length in your drawing.

If you want to attach your files I can show you how to scale them  with a video.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi carmoore

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit. If you would like to attach the PDF and the drawing I can do another screencast with your files to show you how you can resolve the scale issue.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
carmoore
in reply to: john.vellek

I found a you tube video abou **** that solved the issue. It explains the
"reference" fooled by "points" portion of the process.

Submitted,

Carl Moore

Modern Roof Consulting, Inc

16D Municipal Drive

Arnold, MO 63010

carl@modernroofconsulting.com

Office: 636.349.8056

Cell: 314.973.6439

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators