Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating Dimension Text

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jluter
27498 Views, 6 Replies

Rotating Dimension Text

I'm having an issue with getting dimension text to display right side up. Solutions in the forums included rotating about the Z axis and changing the display from "Right to Left" or Left to Right" in the properties box. The Z axis didn't make a difference, and the properties box does not have an option (that I can find anyway) to change the display direction. A copy of the drawing is attached.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jluter

DIMTEDIT command>Angle option, but you need to know what angle you need.

Or change your DIMSTYLE settings: Text Tab>Text Alignment>Horizontal instead of align with dimension line.

Message 3 of 7
jluter
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I can change the angle, but I have to revise each individual dimension which would be time consuming. I set DIMSTYLE to horizontal but the dimensions all display vertically. Any thoughts?

Jeff

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Correct on both accounts.

Changing the settings in your dimstyle affects ALL dimensions that use that dimstyle. It is best if you have an identical dimstyle but with this one change for use with dimensions that need horizontal text.

Only way I know to do it with PROPERTIES palette is to set the text rotation (under the TEXT category once you select the dimensions) to a very small angle like 0.01 (0, or zero, returns the dimension to where you have it defined in the dimstyle).

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

I use this Macro for Dims that are set at 45deg to plane (45, 135, 225, 315) and has served me well.
As Dean noted; in this Macro the angle is 135 to achieve this.

-Angled Dimension From Multi Plane points
^C^C-la;_make;DIM; _dimlinear \\rot;135 \_dimcontinue

This makes a Layer: DIM and then invokes the Command. Change DIM to whatever your Layer is so that it will be current. Change the Angle (135) if need be. The Macro uses the current Dim Style. A picture of my text alignment settings is attached.

Message 6 of 7
jvhilbs42
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Message 7 of 7
Imui
in reply to: jvhilbs42

See attached

Then you can right click -> dimension style -> save as new style..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost