Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF printing issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1421 Views, 5 Replies

PDF printing issues

I am having a problem with dwg to pdf files.  I am running Autocad LT 2017 on Windows 10 system. The main printer for our large prints is a KIP 7170 (black only).  I've been able to print directly to the KIP printer with a DWG file and they come out fine and just how I want them.  If I save them as a PDF of any type (high quality, general, etc...), then all hell breaks loose.  Especially through email trying to reproduce the same PDF file.  sometimes it just comes out with much lesser quality and jagged lines and such, other times almost the entire drawing is missing, even though the PDF peview looked completely fine.  I have tried so many diferent settings and options and am at a total standstill.  Not sure if it all an Adobe issue or how I am saving the files or settings within.  I'm trying two diferent Adobe(s).  Acobat Reader DC and Acrobat Reader 11.0 and just having no luck.   Adobe doesnt seem to have real good options for actually contacting customer support from what I've seen either.  

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Why do you need to contact Adobe? AutoCAD comes with it's own built in PDF drivers if you did not know, 5-total if you use LT2017, PLOT to one or all and find out if that fixes your problems.

Show us a problem PDF example otherwise please, and the source DWG file it came from: "email" doesn't mess up content inside a PDF file, much like paper doesn't lose it's print quality riding in a car.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here are the files.  I guess it seemed as it could have been an Adobe issue.  We've them in our office before.  I have tried high quality, general, small, dwg to pdf and still haven't found the problem.  Could it be a STB or CTB issue?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have also tried changing the DPI (mostly higher) and print as image, still no luck.  Also, the PDF prints fine from a small Cannon printer but not the Kip printer.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

thanks for both files: can you explain in more detail where the problem with jagged lines actually appears? I see nothing in your 24x36 PDF file in the PDF viewer I am using and to our HP plotter it plotted out just fine at full scale, black and red lines.

Or perhaps your KIP plotter needs a service or some driver setting needs to be changed (I can't help you there, I have no access to a KIP plotter).
Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Which Kip diver are you using and how is the device set up on your network?

Have you tried sending the PDF to the Kip directly (ip address) rather than to a network queue?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators