Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move / Copy / Rotate / Scale in LT

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jhjirak
2769 Views, 13 Replies

Move / Copy / Rotate / Scale in LT

Is there a macro that could = Move / Copy / Rotate / Scale.  The command in full autocad is mocoro in express tools.  I only have LT right now and would love to create a similar command using a Macro.

thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: jhjirak

No Express Tools in LT.

The macro would not allow you to select a function to choose: macros are exactly like typing at the command line, how would you select SCALE if you start ROTATE command for example? or COPY while in the MOVE command?

Message 3 of 14
steven-g
in reply to: pendean

I totally agree it can't be done in Autocad Lt, but if you want to do it anyway try this macro, You need to make your selection first, and it will only ask you to input a value, but if you enter either 'm' for move; 'c' for copy; 'r' for rotate or 's' for scale then Bingo (entering any other value should cancel the command).

*^C^Csetenv;choose;\$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,choose),m),m,$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,choose),c),co,$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,choose),r),ro,$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,choose),s),sc,^C))));last;;

Message 4 of 14
jhjirak

Dean, I know that you answer these discussion group questions very cut and dry.  I guess what I was looking for is something close to the MOCORO command.  I understand that autocad lt cannot do what autocad can do but there are still other options besides saying it can't be done.

Message 5 of 14
pendean

That's why there are these open public forums with all users here: Steve-G stepped up to the plate and created a macro for you. Like you, I don't know everything about everything, but pretty much good enough to be here helping out.

It's not MOCORO but a darn nice limited imitation of it.

AFAIK you can remove the check mark from my reply and add it to the above, you are in control. Enjoy the macro.

Message 6 of 14
JamesPowell7164

Dean,

It has been a while since I was in touch with you and you have always been very helpful and knowledgeable. I seem to remember that if you use grips then this action (Copy, Rotate, Move) was possible. BUT I have racked my brain and I cant get the move action to kick in.

If you drag a reverse window over an object and reveal the grips and then press the spacebar twice it toggles to Rotate option. Then press "c" to copy and "b" to choose a basepoint it will copy and rotate the object but it doesn't move it.

Am I dreaming or did I used to use this?

I have been away using Radan (delightful little torture that someone has invented) and am just coming back to AutoCAD LT. I hope you can help me here.

Message 7 of 14
pendean
in reply to: JamesPowell7164

Select grip on object, spacebar twice to start rotate, then c then b, you basically get a circular array style rotated copies effect.
Message 8 of 14
JamesPowell7164

Am I right in saying that this doesn't move the object though? Once it is copied you have to "move" the copied object using move?

I think I am getting old and mis-remembering.

Thanks for the reply though - good to see your still offering your guru services to us mere mortals 🙂 

Message 9 of 14
pendean

Correct, the original does not move under those circumstances. You must go back to select it.
Message 10 of 14
JamesPowell7164

Being cheeky, I don't suppose you know of a command that does this?

Message 11 of 14
pendean

MOVE command 🙂

You'll probably need to customize with a macro to do all that we are discussing here.
Message 12 of 14
RedClayAssociates

select grip space space = rotate love it
Message 13 of 14
JamesPowell7164

Cheers pal 🙂

Message 14 of 14
Imui

Hello
Might the command ALIGN suit your needs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost