Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineweight display glitch (LWDISPLAY "broken")

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
derek_grubb
1685 Views, 16 Replies

Lineweight display glitch (LWDISPLAY "broken")

On opening the DWG, all lineweights display as cartoonishly bold. Toggling lineweight off does remove "boldness", but only until you pan/zoom or enter a command, at which point the lineweights display as before... *** though the LWDISPLAY variable remains at 0 ***.

Also, when zooming, the lineweights scale, as if all of the geometry was polylines of non-zero width.

This glitch is only exhibiting in one drawing file (so far), but across various devices and versions of LT. Back-saving doesn't remedy things, and audit shows no errors. To be clear, this is only a display error, i.e. the file prints as intended.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

ACAD LT lineweight screengrab A.jpgACAD LT lineweight screengrab B.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
hwalker
in reply to: derek_grubb

1. Can you post the problem drawing so we can have a look and see if the problem is replicated with our versions of AutoCAD.

2. Are all your versions of AutoCAD updated with the latest patches?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 17
cadffm

Hi,

the only thing i.....

i would check my pagesetup.. Plotstyles in use and 'Display Plotstyles' enabled?

Sebastian

Message 4 of 17
pendean

you want to turn off DISPLAY PLOT STYLES in your tab in your file as explained here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnwbdfGGf1Y
Message 5 of 17
derek_grubb
in reply to: hwalker

1 - File attached.
2 - Yes, LT2020 and LT2022 are both up-to-date on all machines.

Message 6 of 17
derek_grubb
in reply to: cadffm

No plot style selected.
FWIW, I've attached the file to my last reply.

Message 7 of 17
derek_grubb
in reply to: pendean

No plot styles are selected... plus this is a model space issue.

Message 8 of 17
cadffm

You selected no plotstyle, but the option "Display Plotstyle" in your pagesetup is active.

Disable this option, save the file, reopen and test again.

>" plus this is a model space issue."

and? There is no difference except the option to hide paaperobjects.

Sebastian

Message 9 of 17
derek_grubb

Thanks, that remedied it, but I don't understand why, i.e. why is the Plot Styles tick-box overriding the "Adjust Display Scale" lineweight slider, and why only this file?

Message 10 of 17
pendean

You have LWEIGHT settings for all of your objects, that's why: the program is doing what you ask, not having a plot style selected is only one portion of it all.

pendean_0-1634228467703.png

HTH

Message 11 of 17
steve.ackley95PPJ

I've been seeing a similar problem (I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2019). I've tried this fix, and it works, although limited. I'm unable to turn the lineweights ON again, even after toggling ON and OFF the Show/Hide Lineweight. 

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 17
cadffm
in reply to: steve.ackley95PPJ

@steve.ackley95PPJ  schrieb:

I've been seeing a similar problem (I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2019). I've tried this fix, and it works, although limited. I'm unable to turn the lineweights ON again, even after toggling ON and OFF the Show/Hide Lineweight. 

Without your data, hard to say.

a) What Lineweights, Lineweights from plotstyletable (turn 'Display plotstlye on again in your pagesetup)

or

b) from objects&layers? Turn on your LWDISPLAY

c) Also a problem with a simple Circle?

Share your file and we can take a look

Sebastian

Message 13 of 17
steve.ackley95PPJ

It's a template file, so it's got minimal data in it. Only 3 layers, one (not the 0 layer) has a 0.15mm lineweight. However, I'm drawing the entity on layer 0, which has a lineweight of Default.

When I start a new drawing from this template the LWDISPLAY is OFF.

The screenshot below shows a simple circle drawn immediately after starting a new drawing (notice that the LWDISPLAY is turned OFF):

steveackley95PPJ_1-1657914834190.png

Message 14 of 17
cadffm

Your pagesetups (ALL!)  refer to a "monochrome.stb" plotstyletable,

but the file is set up to use ctb Plotstyletables.

This way "monochrome.stb" is not available..

Pls, don't use Bastelwastel files as templates, use a new blank file and create all what you want from scratch.

A template like blocks or layout should build clean as possible.

And back to your problem: It works as it should on my side!

I turned "Display Plotstyles" off and use the LWDISPLAY toggle and I can turn lineweights on and off.

Sebastian

Message 15 of 17
steve.ackley95PPJ

Thank you for the reply. First question: what is Bastelwastel?

Second: yes, I understand your point about creating template files from scratch (and cleaner is better). I'm in the middle of re-implementing AutoCAD Mechanical for a company that has started-and-stopped-and-restarted this project over the last several years, so I had assumed that the templates I was given were good starting points. Evidently not!

Third, I'll create a new template file and see how it works with the problem I've been seeing (I'll need to investigate the differences between stb and ctb plot style tables, and which is preferred).

Message 16 of 17
cadffm

>"First question: what is Bastelwastel?"

Sorry, I mean files what contains a lot of old stuff instead of a clean fresh file &content

Sebastian

Message 17 of 17
steve.ackley95PPJ

I've created the new template, and behold! The lineweight issue is now gone. Thanks all for the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators