Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error 2337

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3700 Views, 4 Replies

Internal Error 2337

I'm attempting to re-install AutoCAD LT 2007 on a HP Media Center PC running Windows XP SP3. The machine locked up earlier and I was forced to do a complete HP restore, which left me with Windows SP2. After upgrading back to SP3, I tried to open ACLT from the desktop and got the message that the "Shortcut works only with programs that are installed" So I pulled out the disk and when I selected the default C Drive as the location, the installer responded that the AC LT was already installed there. Sure enough, when I checked the C Drive, there was a full AutoCAD LT 2007 folder already there.

I thought to uninstall AC LT in order to install a fresh copy, but of course, AC LT did no appear in the Control Panel.

I manually moved the AC LT folder from the C Drive to the Recycle Bin, but when I ran the installer again, midway through up popped the Internal Error 2337 message, When I clicked OK, the installer "rewound" and backed out of the installation and quit.

The Autodesk KB returns no answer to the query "Internal Error 2337."

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you are .NET 2.5 or newer I believe with the rebuild

Follow this to make sure LT is completely removed: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Google for REVO UNINSTALLER; install and see if that will pick up your installation of LT. It might and is capable of doing the same as above w/o you gong to the registry.

Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for your quick and thoughtful reply. Unfortunately, the Autodesk procedure referred to assumes that AutoCad LT appears in the Change/Remove window. As I mentioned, it did not, although the AutoCAD LT 2007 folder was readily visible in the C Drive Program File.

Since I only use Windows XP to read incoming AutoCAD files (I use the Mac and Ashlar Graphite for all other work) and I was facing a deadline, I took the brute force path and reformatted the C Drive, followed the long and arduous Windows upgrade path back to Service Pack 3 and reinstalled AutoCAD LT, which is now up and working again.

I will take a look at REVO UNINSTALLER and thanks for the tip.

Regards, tdsg
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for your quick and thoughtful reply. Unfortunately, the Autodesk procedure referred to assumes that AutoCad LT appears in the Change/Remove window. As I mentioned, it did not, although the AutoCAD LT 2007 folder was readily visible in the C Drive Program File.

Since I only use Windows XP to read incoming AutoCAD files (I use the Mac and Ashlar Graphite for all other work) and I was facing a deadline, I took the brute force path and reformatted the C Drive, followed the long and arduous Windows upgrade path back to Service Pack 3 and reinstalled AutoCAD LT, which is now up and working again.

I will take a look at REVO UNINSTALLER and thanks for the tip.

Regards, tdsg
Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade

...but it also guides you into registry entry deletions which may have been all you needed to do.

Congratulations on formatting a hardrive and getting up and running on a deadline.

Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost