Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge issue with Batchplot and exportPDF using DWG to PDF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
632 Views, 4 Replies

Huge issue with Batchplot and exportPDF using DWG to PDF

Hi I have really tricky problem with margins in AutoCAD LT 2015 not being centred on page, but this issue was not covered by any previous post on forum, they were different cases, and it's much more advanced problem. In general my DWG to PDF PC3 file calls wrong paper size, the one which is not specified in Page setup. But let me start from scratch…

Long time ago I have changed the location of PC3 configuration files, PMP files and plot style files. They are not anymore on my C drive under default location but saved now on the server instead and I have linked all my colleagues machines in office to share these with them. I have updated our paths in AutoCAD in  OPTIONS/ FILES/ PRINTER SUPPORT FILE PATH…. Afterwords all hard copy prints worked perfect, the only problem is with EXPORTPDF command which uses DWG TO PDF plotting device (PC3). There is no problem with margins on A3 neither A2 paper layouts. They appear equal. Only A1 and A0 are affected by not having equal margins. Bottom and left margin are less than 1mm. In the Page setup my paper size is specified as ISO A1, my printing device is DWG to PDF (I can see that in plot details info). However for some reasons it doesn’t pick ISO A1 (horizontal) but ISO full bleed A1 (594.00 x 841.00 MM - this is even vertical) – and stated in my plot info as the one being picked at the end of plotting action. I know where to change margins value (Modify standard paper sizes - printable area), but updating these margins on ISO A1 doesn’t change anything because ISO full bleed A1 (594.00 x 841.00 MM) is being picked instead. So I thought if ISO full bleed one is being picked instead I need to update margins value on ISO full bleed A1 then, but setting equal margins on both horizontal and vertical ISO full bleed is not appearing equal on the plot. My CAD doesn’t follow these changes. Exporting these paper layouts to pdf I want to use specifically “current” only not “override” page setup (bottom right corner of EXPORTPDF pop-up window). I have managed to achieve equal margins with “Page Setup override” for a single page, but it’s not the point. The point is to sort out margins to be equal and frame to be centred for the EXPORTPDF “current” export type, as this problem persists as well when I want to use “batch plot”. I am fine with finding alternative option for a single page plot to pdf with equal margins. But I can not find a solution for the “batch plot” multi page print with equal margins. (Again I don’t want to use EXPORTPDF “override” then to pick “all layouts” – as all pages get converted to pdf). I want to use BATCHPLOT (PUBLISH), because it gives me option to delete pages which I don’t want to include in the final multi-page pdf output. So definitely same issue which appears during EXPORTPDF with Page Setup “current” affects the BATCHPLOT (PUBLISH) results. Again margins are not equal, content is being off centre because not my ISO A1 (horizontal) is being picked for pdf but ISO full bleed (vertical) instead. And none of them react when I change margin values, when I modify standard paper sizes/ printing margins. Why is it happening. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You sure like to write 🙂

Post a screenshot of your PAGESETUP and your PUBLISH commands all set up and ready to go where you see/don't see the problem in your file(s), let's see what you are actually setting.

How to screenshot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

These are attachments

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have just uploaded, thank you

@pendean wrote:
You sure like to write 🙂

Post a screenshot of your PAGESETUP and your PUBLISH commands all set up and ready to go where you see/don't see the problem in your file(s), let's see what you are actually setting.

How to screenshot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Please find attached screenshots

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report