Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a TIFF or Mrsid file into AutoCAD LT 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
engr_ca
17505 Views, 4 Replies

How to insert a TIFF or Mrsid file into AutoCAD LT 2015

All,

- I am new to AutoCAD. I tried to use help function in ym AutoCAD as well. I would greatly appreciate if somebody could give the steps or direct to the corrsepnding topic regarding how to insert a TIFF file and possibly Mrsid into standard AutoCAD LT 2015 (not raster design, civil 3D, ...). Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tedwardspg
in reply to: engr_ca

Mrsid, never

Tiff files you should just be able tro drag them into AutoCAD using your mouse.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 3 of 5
pendean

I'll assume you started HELP, typed IMPORT TIFF or MrSID in the search box and got an answer you didn't understand?

Drag and drop from Windows Explorer into an open AutoCAD session: follow the LT command prompt. Get anything? TIFF files need to be a specific type, explained in HELP.

If not, then you need to open those files types in another application that will let you "select all", then copy to the clipboard and paste into LT as a static image.
Message 4 of 5
engr_ca
in reply to: pendean

tedwardsspg,

Thank you very much for the reply. I am trying coordinate system as well. It is disappointing that mrsid files can not be used in AutoCAD LT 2015 (at least for my puprposes).

pendean,

I am not sure what part of the world you are from but if you did not like my question then you did not have to answer (nobody was forcing you). I hope you are not doing this for living.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

@engr_ca I'm showing you how to help yourself in this self-help forum. PLUS two tips to try to do what you want. Too bad.

Sorry I can't help that you chose the wrong version of AutoCAD to do what you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost