Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a user to AutoCAD LT 2011 (license extension/upgrade)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
thomas.briand
497 Views, 7 Replies

How to add a user to AutoCAD LT 2011 (license extension/upgrade)

Hello everyone,

I am an IT trainee in a company in Germany. I have an installation CD of AutoCAD LT 2011 with the serial number and the product key. This version is installed on a laptop and works. I checked the license information:

license type = one computer - locked

license expiry = none

license use type = commercial

I want to install AutoCAD LT 2011 on another laptop, for a new user: so both users would have the same serial number and product key, but two different licenses as they need to use AutoCAD LT 2011 at the same time on two different PCs.

My question: how should I proceed for this? (I did some investigation on the Internet but it remains quite unclear to me as my case is quite specific).

Thanks in advance for the provided help!

Best Regards

Thomas Briand

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: thomas.briand

LT2011 is no longer on sale, it;s four-years/versions behind now.

PS: a serioal number is a license: so you can't use it twice either. 1user=1license, even in Germany.
Message 3 of 8
thomas.briand
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your answer! So, tell me if I am wrong:

1) I need to buy a new serial number to install AutoCAD LT 2011 with the same installation CD on a new laptop

2) But it is impossible since this version is not on sale anymore

BR

Thomas Briand

Message 4 of 8
pendean

LT2011 is no longer on sale.
Message 5 of 8
thomas.briand

Therefore as long as my version AutoCAD LT 2011 is installed on one PC and I do not export the license, my AutoCAD LT 2011 installation CD is of no use?

I mean can't I just use the installation CD to install ACAD LT 2011 on another PC, then I submit serial no & product key and I purchase a new activation code?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

BR

Thomas Briand

Message 6 of 8
pendean

You can install the one license you have on a new PC and authorize it to activate it. Or you can export the lciense from one PC to another PC.

You cannot use the one licence/serial number on multiple PCs for multiple users.

LT2011 is no longer available for purchase.

Contact an Autodesk reseller in Germany for any additional questions, there might be a special-deal they can offer you (or not).
Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

you probably need to find out how many licenses you currently have

is there someone in your company thats managing that?

if not you can contact your reseller to have them pull a report from autodesk on what you are entitled to or you can this yourself by going to this link

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/RegistrationAndActivationWebForm.html?language=en

like pendean said if you only have 1 license of 2011 only one person can use it at one time

i recommend reading Autodesk license agreement http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10235425

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
thomas.briand
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello pendean and DarrenP,

thank you both for your help, it is starting to get clear to me. I already asked yesterday for a report of all the licenses for ACAD LT 20xx in the company (we have only little information about the licenses as the guy managing those left the company).

However, I could talk for a moment with my IT chief: he told me we have only one license for ACAD LT 2011. So I cannot install it for another user. Nevertheless, I was also told that we have two licenses for ACAD LT 2009 (not currently used). I could find a printed mail from 2009 which reads two different serial numbers, and I have an installation CD for ACAD LT 2009. I hope it will be enough to install it on two different computers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost