Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching not copying and dissapearing

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Danneldt
16724 Views, 20 Replies

Hatching not copying and dissapearing

Hi there,

I'm having an issue witht he hatching in Autocad LT 2015.

For some reason, I am unable to copy and paste hatching. I.e, if I draw a circle and hatch it, when I selected both to copy, it only pastes the circle I drew and not the hatching.

Also, when I do hatching in a drawing and close that drawing, the hatching dissapears when i open it again.

A solution to my problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
braudpat
in reply to: Danneldt

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Very strange !

Q1) Have you installed the SP 1 for ACAD LT 2015 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-l...

I hope that PICKFIRST = 1 , PICKADD = 1 and what is your value for PICKSTYLE ?

PICKSTYLE = 1 : Select Groups

PICKSTYLE = 3 : Select Groups + Hatches & Contours

Q2) Can you share with us your "special" DWG ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 21
rkmcswain

Does this happen in _any_ drawing or just a certain one or two?

Are you pasting into a new empty drawing or an existing, working drawing? (If the latter, the layer of the hatch could be frozen)

After you copy the circle and hatch to the clipboard
1. Open Windows Explorer and in the address bar type in %temp% and press enter.
2. Now sort those files by date, newest at the top.
3. You'll see a file at the top with a name like "A$C0B243FC6.DWG"
4. This is the drawing that contains the entities you just "copied to the clipboard".
5. Open this drawing. Does it contain the circle and the hatch?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 21
Danneldt
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked and I do have the lastest SP1 installed.

My values are as follows:

PICKFIRST = 1

ICKADD = 1

PICKSTYLE = 1

I noticed yesterday that the behavior of the hatching was very inconsistent, because just after I posting the topic, the hatching worked again. But it only worked with certain hatches, i.e. my circle hatching I was able to copy, but not my rectangular hatching.

Message 5 of 21
Danneldt
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi,

It has happened to other drawings of mine as well.

And regardign the pasting, I am pasting into an existing drawing. And the layer is not locked or frozen.

Message 6 of 21
pendean

Start a new drawing.
Draw a rectangle and a circle.
Hatch each one separately.
SAVE your file.
Close AutoCAD.

Restart AutoCAD, then open the file above: did your hatch vanish? If yes, share that file here. If no, INSERT your problem file into this new file, explode it, and repeat the test.

Still have a problem?
Message 7 of 21
j.ripalda
in reply to: pendean

I see this is 2 years old but I have exactly the same symptoms. Not every time in every drawing or with every shape, the behavior is inconsistent.

Autocad 2015 version  J.51.0.0. ( I am using the very poorly translated spanish version, but I guess that should not make a difference).

If I do as you suggest, everything is fine for that particular file.

A sample file is attached, but not sure if that will be of any use because the problematic hatches will probably be gone by the time you open it!

In one instance the hatches had been converted to a contour, in other instances they just disappear.

Have a good day.

Message 8 of 21
pendean
in reply to: j.ripalda

>>>...If I do as you suggest, everything is fine for that particular file....<<<
So why would that not apply to this file?

>>>... Not every time in every drawing...<<<
There is no fix for something that does not happen all the time to all the files: is the file you shared here with us one of those files? Tell me exactly how to replicate the problem in it, which commands to use, which options to select, how to apply the hatch and more.

Here is what I see in your file, the circle on the left has 146 hatches in it and the circle on the right has 19 hatch in it.

Capture.PNG

ScreenShot001.png

Message 9 of 21
j.ripalda

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

All closed polylines on the circle to the right had a solid fill that dissapeared on saving the file.

Try this:

Select the empty pink polylines in the circle to the right, do an associative solid hatch on the selected objects. If you rotate making a copy or if you copy and paste them you MIGHT see some (not all) of the hatches gone. (I get a message in spanish that translates to "eliminated associative hatch" or "the associative property of the hatch has been eliminated"). If you save you are likely to see them gone when you close and open again the file.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 21
pendean
in reply to: j.ripalda

So I reopened your file but this time with RECOVER command: it found and fixed 7 errors and it appears all of your pink outlines are full of hatches again.

Did you draw those? See the file I reattached.

Message 11 of 21
j.ripalda

Thank you very very much for your help.

Some strange shapes show up when opening the recovered file. I did not draw those. I will start my drawing from scratch and hope for better luck next time.

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 21
dulariparmar

I was struggling with the same but this discussion did not help 

SOLUTION IS TO CHECK WEATHER YOUR SOLID HATCH THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO COPY IS A SOLID HATCH

in my case it was a different hatch very dense, thus it looked like solid

so check in the hatch properties, and select solid hatch.

IT WORKED FOR ME!!

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 21
n27rm

I managed to fix it by selecting a different hatch that did copy and then using "match properties" on the hatch I wanted.

Message 14 of 21
shynette98
in reply to: dulariparmar

I had the same problem and thankfully I read your solution instead of following the longer ones above. lol thank you so much!!!

Message 15 of 21

@dulariparmar wrote:

I was struggling with the same but this discussion did not help 

SOLUTION IS TO CHECK WEATHER YOUR SOLID HATCH THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO COPY IS A SOLID HATCH

in my case it was a different hatch very dense, thus it looked like solid

so check in the hatch properties, and select solid hatch.

IT WORKED FOR ME!!

WORKED FOR ME AS WELL! Solid hatch copies fine, USER (default) hatch does not copy properly. Check to make sure hatch is solid 🙂

Message 16 of 21
sa.gomez774

Hi, it's march 20, 2019 and I'm using AutoCAD 2019, I was still having this problem with hatches while trying to copy them, until I saw your answer. Was exactly that, the hatch was selected as "pattern" and not "solid", now the figures are copying without any problem.

Thank's you so much. 

Sergio

Message 17 of 21
lucasssimoes

THIS!

Message 18 of 21

This works for AutoCad 2021 as well.  🙂

Message 19 of 21
jseefdrumr

yup, can confirm this is still a thing

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 20 of 21
cadffm
in reply to: jseefdrumr

But please note "the thing" is documented wrong or just - not explained clear enough,

and the behavior is depending on your setting and used version.

(and: Acad is copying the hatch! Just you can not see it - because the creator used useless property values)

The source problem is the user mistake before (selected the wrong pattern)

1. You create a hatch with pattern not-solid

2. your setting of hpname, hporigin and pattern scale are set that to the result that NO LINE of the pattern is visible  in your hatch object.

In old versions up to 2011 -> In this case ACAD CREATED NO HATCH object! (Because a hatch with no lines visible is useless)

In 2012 -> ACAD created the hatch object and displayed it with a solid filling (instead of the real pattern what would be "nothing visible")

A benefit, a cool feature! If users knowing what they do and understanding what's going on.

In 2013-2014 -> ACAD created the hatch object and displayed it with a solid filling (if HPmaxareas >0)

or with the "real" visibility = without any visible line (because your setting of hporigin,pattern,scale and hatchboundary is the to this result)

<< I never saw HPmaxareas working the way i can read in the help, but it is a toggle(value 0 vs. higher than 0)  for "pattern to big/not visible -> display it as solid filling" >>

<< If anyone think HPmaxareas works also the way as documented, you are welcome to explain it to me -> PM please , perhaps understood it wrong until today>>

2015-

The "solid filling" feature for bad selected hatch properties (pattern to big / no line visible) while hpmaxareas is >0

works this way only

- for hatches created by HATCH command (not copy or mirror and so on)

- only for this file session (not for hatches which was created in past sessions)

AND, the is one more bug since 2015 😒

You create a hatch which nonsense properties, the pattern is to big (no lines visible)

while your hpmaxareas is >0, so the hatch is visible as solid filling..

Now, you change the properties to well values (pattern lines would be visible now),

but AutoCAD keep the "solid filling" display (for this file session)!

-

To all users which have AutoDESK support: open a bug report / support case (email)

and write down all bugs, every version again.

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost